AudioThing has released version 1.2 of Outer Space, an audio effect plugin that offers a faithful emulation of the vintage Space Echo tape echo machine made in the early seventies. The update includes various improvements and fixes.
As the original unit, Outer Space features a tape echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank.
We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback. We have also modelled the ballistic response of the delay rate (repeat rate) which can create eerie pitch shifts (due to the Doppler effect), one of the classic tape echo-based sound effects.
Changes in Outer Space v1.2
- Improved: Clear Buffer on Playback/Reset of the Host.
- Improved: Dropdown panel stays open/closed as selected by the user.
- Improved: Partial support for retina displays.
- Added: Online Authorization Form.
- Fixed: Gain inconsistencies when changing samplerate on some hosts.
- Fixed: Meta-parameter (Repeat Rate) issue.
- Fixed: Phase issue when Pre-Amp is enabled.
- Fixed: Random crash on Mojave with Logic Pro 10.4.3.
The plugin is available for Windows and Mac in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats.