Plugin Boutique has launched a sale on Overloud TapeDesk, an audio effect that combines a tape machine and multiple console models into a single plugin, to replicate the warm tones of an analog mixing workflow.
In the real world, a tape machine is always physically connected to a console.
Sound enters into the console’s preamplifier, gets fed into the tape machine and is recorded to tape. From there the tape is played back and the audio again hits the console for mixing into its stereo bus.
Recreating this process using separate components is fairly complex but it is the only way to actually replicate the experience of mixing in analog. TAPEDESK automates all of these separate processes for you; you only need to insert the plugin on your tracks and enjoy the experience of mixing in an analog world.
- Simulation of 3 legendary analog consoles.
- Simulation of a 2 inch 24-track tape machine.
- Faithful interactions between the console and the tape machine.
- Precise metering in any point of the sound chain.
- Simulation of all transformers in the original units.
- Very low CPU usage: all your tracks can have one.
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions.
TapeDesk is on sale for £114.95 GBP / $129 USD until May 29th, 2018. The plugin is available for Windows and Mac in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats, as well as a standalone application.
More information: Overloud TapeDesk