Performance Samples has announced the release of Perfperc – Volume I, the first library in a series of performance-sourced percussion instruments.
This library was produced with a heavy focus on start-time consistency and timbral cohesion between RRs, wrapped up in a performance-sourced repetition approach, which in percussion leads to a natural flow between notes, tighter playing, and more uniform dynamics. There was also significance placed on making the velocity response predictable and smooth, aided by the wide dynamic range recorded (up to 15 dynamics).
The library also dips its toes into the realm of playable rolls, building on top of the established performance-sourced repetition sampling approach. Playing ultra-fast triggers these samples (which work specifically well on things like the bongos and timpani). Deeper and more finessed sampling of playable rolls is the shape of things to come with further Perfperc volumes.
- Includes Bongo Set (three bongos: low, medium, and high), Low Tom, High Tom, Gran Cassa, Low Surdo, High Surdo, Low Taiko, High Taiko, Timpani 1 (tuned down), Timpani 2 (tuned down), Timpani 3 (tuned down), Timpani 4 (tuned down), Snare Drum (snares disengaged), Two Shakers
- Repetition sampling, similar to Fluid Shorts, which offers natural cohesion between notes and the ability to play at faster speeds naturally.
- Playable rolls, captured from small performance phrases, so you can play really fast and it will trigger them in and sound like a real roll.
- Up to 15 dynamics, with a strong emphasis on smoothness across the velocity range.
- Bonus material, including crescendos, rubs, and other FX.
The library is on sale for the intro price of $179 USD through June 14th, 2020 (regular $279 USD). Requires full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher.
More information: Performance Samples