Performance Samples has announced the release of Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A, a Kontakt instrument library with the sounds of solo strings recorded in motion, featuring expressive pitch-memory legato.
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A is a very simple solo legato instrument.
The library continues along the lines of the unfolding Con Moto series with ‘active-bow’ sustains and legatos recorded con moto (with motion). The latter is here expanded upon with a ‘pitch-memory’ adaptation, which helps minimize a musician’s susceptibility to timbral variation between sustain and shorter legato assets.
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A features
- Solo violinist.
- One dynamic layer (in the territory of mf-f).
- Bow-change pitch-memory legato, recorded con moto (with movement in the bowing and vibrato).
- “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre).
- Short, responsive release samples.
- One mic position – recorded at a moderately close distance in a hall with a stereo pair.
- 48kHz / 24bit.
- NCW-compressed, ~175 MB total.
- Built for Kontakt 5.5.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required.
- Download via Continuata.
The library is available at the intro price of $99 USD through September 30th, 2018 (regular $139 USD).
More information: Performance Samples