Phuturetone has released the Philteroid filter effect plug-in as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Philteroid is inspired by the Filterbank 2 analog filter unit by Sherman.
Philteroid is a dual filter effect, suitable for use on various type of rhythmic sounds (i.e. drums, bass, synth, guitar). Beside pure filter work, Philteroid is also capable of FM, AM and saturation, and can transform plain sound to one with unique character and interesting texture.
Various filter types, from basic (LP, BP, HP, BR) to uncommon ones, can be obtained with filter type blend control and parallel/serial routing of filters. Filters can be synced in eleven predefined harmonic offsets between filter frequencies and modulated internally by audio signal (FM), ADSR envelope, envelope follower, LFO; or trough external input.
Philteroid is also armed with various amplitude modulation sources and can be used as envelope sharper, expander, noise gate, ring modulator.
- Filters: Two resonant filters with filter type mix controls (LP/BP/HP/Notch/All-Pass), input overdrive and serial/parallel output routing blend control.
- Frequency Modulators: FM, ADSR envelope, envelope follower, external audio, LFO, MIDI (key tracking).
- Amplitude Modulators: AM, ADSR envelope, AR envelope, envelope follower, external audio, LFO.
- I/Os: 12 assignable input/output slots for internal and external routing of audio/CV and MIDI signals.
- Controls: Automation of all UI controls (except I/O slots) is possible. Double-click reset function.
- Patches: 128 Patches (32 Presets and 96 blank User Patches). Patch Initialize and Patch Randomize functions.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Phuturetone