Primal Audio has released version 1.1 of FM4, a 4-operator synthesizer app for iOS.
Modelled on the popular DX series from the 1980s FM4 provides the same gritty sound, with a modern interface, and without being bound by the limitations of the original units.
Every aspect of the hardware — from envelope curves to sine-table sizes and quantisation errors to digital-to-analogue converters — has been meticulously analysed, in order to recreate the raw and dirty sound of the original units.
Changes in FM4 v1.1
- Audiobus support.
- iOS 7.0.x crash has been fixed.
- Performance boost: the UI responsiveness has been drastically improved.
- App-size has been reduced with more than 60%.
- The manual is up.
- Added a tempo popover with manual control of the tempo.
- Added a waveform popover with an overview of waveforms.
- Minor bug fixes.
FM4 is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
A free FM4 Lite version is now also available. It is fully functional except for the following limitations:
- MIDI is disabled.
- Inter-app Audio is disabled.
- Audiobus is disabled.
- Saving is disabled.
- Only 40 factory presets are included.
More information: Primal Audio