Propellerhead Software has announced the release of the newest update to its Reason music production software.
Reason 10.2 is a free update for Reason 10 owners that introduces new features like Multi Lane Editing for MIDI, adaptive snap to grid mode, improved navigation controls and more for a faster, more streamlined flow.
“Reason 10.2 represents our ongoing commitment to making Reason the most creative music-making software,” said Mattias Häggström Gerdt, Propellerhead Product Manager. “Reason 10.2 introduces several highly requested workflow improvements to make producing music in Reason faster, easier and more natural. Once you start using the new features, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without them.”
Reason 10.2 makes it easier than ever to bang out the perfect drumbeat with Multi Lane Editing. View and edit multiple MIDI lanes simultaneously with Multi Lane Editing—perfect for quickly creating complex chords and melodies. Sequence tracks with lightning speed using the new snap to grid feature, which adjusts note length based on your zoom level. Capture your ideas when inspiration strikes with new Easy MIDI Inputs that automatically detect new MIDI control surfaces—no setup needed.
Reason 10.2’s improved workflow allows you to make music faster than ever before. Adjust faders, solo and mute across multiple mix channels at once. Right-click any audio output to quickly route it to a new mix channel.
Reason 10.2 features
- View and edit multiple MIDI lanes simultaneously with Multi Lane Editing.
- Sequence notes quicker than ever with the new snap to grid feature.
- Quickly access devices and plug-ins in your rack from the sequencer.
- Adjust faders, solo and mute across multiple mix channels at once.
- Right-click any audio output and quickly route it to a new mix channel.
- New setting for returning the play cursor to its last start position on stop.
- Automatically detect new MIDI control surfaces—no set up needed.
- Get started and learn the basics of Reason with the new quick-start Tutorial Area.
- Expand with Rack Extensions and VST plug-ins.
Reason 10.2 is a free update for all Reason 10 owners and is currently available for free through Reason’s auto update.
More information: Propellerhead Software