Red Room Audio has released Palette – Symphonic Sketchpad, a Kontakt Player powered library that offers an extensive set of orchestral instruments that aim to bring your cinematic ideas to life.
The library includes strings, brass and woodwinds ensembles recorded in 2 different sizes with up to 10 articulations. Plus womens and mens choirs, percussion, hybrid trailer tools, grand piano and harp.
“Palette – Symphonic Sketchpad” is a 24+GB library featuring strings, woodwinds, brass, choir and percussion patches and to fill out the list of essential writing tools we added piano, harp and even a set of modern hybrid trailer instruments. The orchestral ensembles offer a nice variety of articulations, including 4 kinds of short notes, as well as trills, tremolo, pizzicato, and other deeper techniques. We recorded 3 dynamic layers and up to 7 round robins and to give you even more flexibility we recorded everything in 2 different ensemble sizes (chamber and full) so you can go epic or go intimate.
As with the entire Palette line, our players were recorded in standard orchestral seating position with 3 microphone perspectives – close, decca tree and hall. The room is spacious but fairly dry, with only a 1.2 second tail, which allows for easy blending with other libraries using your favorite reverbs, so you’re not limited to the sound of one particular hall. Since “Palette – Symphonic Sketchpad” was recorded by the same amazing musicians and production team with the same equipment and in the same hall, it was designed to blend perfectly with all the other Palette libraries.
Palette Symphonic Sketchpad features
- Strings, Brass and Woodwinds recorded in 2 ensemble sizes (Full and Chamber).
- 12 essential orchestral Percussion instruments.
- Womens and Mens Choir.
- 250+ modern Trailer Tools designed sounds in 7 categories.
- Dual-layer Subtractive Synth.
- Steinway B Grand Piano.
- Concert Harp with Glissandi Maker.
- Recorded in a fairly dry hall by some of Europe’s finest professional musicians.
- 3 microphone positions.
- Up to 10 articulations.
- Up to 5 dynamic layers and 7 round robin.
- Modern, easy to use GUI with articulation control system and onboard FX rack.
- 24.2 GB of content / 54,480 samples (24 bit/44.1 kHz NCW).
- Works with the free Kontakt Player.
- Full NKS compatibility (Komplete Kontrol and Maschine).
Palette Symphonic Sketchpad is on sale for the intro price of $249 USD (regular $299 USD).
For adding detail and color to your compositions, three additional Palette Brush Packs are also available. These are standalone libraries that also work with the free Kontakt Player by Native Instruments.
Brush packs focus on deeper and more specific scoring elements like orchestral FX, percussion loops or true-legato melodic ensembles. Pick up the tools you want and not the ones you don’t.
Since all Palette instruments were recorded in the same hall by the same production team and the same musicians, they complement each other perfectly.
- Palette Brush Pack 01 – Melodics includes 17 inspiring melody-carrying orchestral instruments.
- Palette Brush Pack 02 – Orchestral FX brings an extensive collection of cinematic aleatoric orchestral FX for strings, brass, woodwinds and choir.
- Palette Brush Pack 03 – Runs & Arps offers the most complete orchestral runs & arps library available.
The Brush Packs are available for $199 USD each.
A discount of up to 15% is available when purchasing multiple Palette products.
Furthermore, Red Room Audio has released Snaps Claps Slaps Stomps & Shouts, a free Kontakt instrument library that features various the sounds sampled from a 24-piece mixed choir performing a variety of vocal and body effects.
“Snaps Claps Slaps Stomps & Shouts” is a vocal and body FX virtual instrument for the full version of Kontakt. We sampled a 24-piece mixed choir performing exactly what the title suggests – various snaps, claps, chest and knee slaps, stomps and 12 shouted words, all at 1 dynamic (loud) and up to 12 round robin. For the shouts we recorded the men and women separately, but of course you can layer them if you like.
The performers were recorded in a semi-circle with 3 microphone perspectives – close, decca tree and hall. The room is spacious but fairly dry, with only a 1.2 second tail, which allows for easy blending with other libraries using your favorite reverbs, so you’re not limited to the sound of one particular hall. The GUI features several sample tweaking and manipulation controls including volume, pan, pitch, attack, release, layering, convolution reverb and 5 keyswitched FX.
Snaps Claps Slaps Stomps & Shouts is a free download for Kontakt 5.6.8 or higher (full version).
More information: Red Room Audio