Roland has announced the release of Zenbeats 1.2, the latest update for its cross-platform music creation app.
With the 1.2 update, Zenbeats now offers full Bluetooth MIDI integration for mobile devices, as well as several other enhancements to Zenbeats’ evolving platform.
Users on Android and iOS can now utilize any Bluetooth-supported MIDI device while using the application, allowing for complete cable-free composing and track building. Also, Zenbeats 1.2 includes Zenbeats MultiVerb, a brand-new effect featuring multiple halls, rooms, and plate reverb effects, which bring dimension and depth to a track.
Additional Zenbeats 1.2 features:
- Roland Cloud integration allows paid Roland Cloud members and Roland Account holders to use instruments—including ZENOLOGY—with no purchase required.
- Three new sound packs for Ultimate owners: Tone Ringer’s electric pianos, atmospheric sounds in Ambient Dreamscaper 2, and Indie Drums’ new rock drum kits.
- MIDI effect routing to record output, and MIDI output support for Android.
- Plug & Play functionality for Android with Roland A-88MKII MIDI Keyboard Controller.
- A new fader style for Mixer, gesture scrolling, Drum Machine optimizations, and plug-in browser organization.
Zenbeats is currently free for iOS, Android and ChromeOS, with in-app purchases available for additional features. It is $49.99 USD for Windows and macOS. Ultimate ($149.99 USD) unlocks all platforms and includes the Zenbeats StorePass, which provides instant access to 45 preset packs, 42 loop packs, and sounds currently available.
More information: Roland