Roland and Serato have announced the Roland DJ-808, a new 4-channel DJ controller with built-in drum sequencing, vocal processing, external instrument connectivity and deep Serato DJ integration.
The DJ-808 integrates software, hardware and the TR-S drum sequencer into a single instrument. It comes with the sound of the iconic TR-808, TR-909, TR-707 and TR-606 drum machines, courtesy of Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior technology.
Developed in close collaboration with both companies from the very beginning, Serato’s software expertise is combined with Roland’s excellence in hardware to develop the most advanced piece of DJ hardware yet. The integration of a drum machine with a DJ controller opens the door to an entirely new way of DJ expression, and the 808 is an iconic place to begin.
For the first time, there is an instrument for DJs that allows seamless movement between the DJ booth, live stage or the studio. Serato and Roland worked closely to ensure professional level quality and a vinyl like scratch experience with some of the lowest latency platters of any DJ controller in the market today. There is deep integration with Serato DJ, having the most advanced set of DJ performance controls available. The DJ-808 has endless possibilities for DJs – it brings the studio, booth and stage closer than ever before.
Roland DJ-808 features
- Roland TR-S drum machine — Built-in Roland TR-S drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats.
- TR-S sequencer — 16 step sequencer with 16 patterns for sequencing the TR-S drum machine and Serato sampler.
- VT voice transformer — Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking, Reverb and Serato key matching.
- RGB color pads — Velocity sensitive RGB colour pads for Hot Cues, Loop Rolls, Sampler, Pitch Play, TR-S control and more.
- Channel FX — 4 high quality integrated Channel FX including Dub Echo, Jet, Noise and Filter.
- 4-channel digital mixer — Standalone professional 4-channel digital mixer with selectable inputs for 4x PC, 2x Phono/Line and 2x USB/Line.
- External Instruments — Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ.
- High Quality Audio — 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity.
- Serato DJ FX — Dedicated control of Serato DJ FX powered by iZotope for each channel, TR-S drum sequencer and external inputs.
- Ultra-high performance platters — Super low latency platters that come with integrated displays and playback status.
- Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ Included — Serato Pitch ’n Time DJ included for Key Sync, Key Shift, Pitch Play mode and Auto Pitch on the VT.
- Serato DVS Upgrade Ready — Connect turntables or CDJs and control Serato DJ with Serato Control Tone with the purchase of a Serato DVS license.