Roland has announced the availability of the SPD-SX Special Edition, an enhanced version of the popular SPD-SX Sampling Pad that offers all the functionality of the standard SPD-SX with greatly expanded onboard storage capacity.
Users can store up to 16 GB of samples on board, eliminating the need to carry external memory. The SPD-SX Special Edition also features a distinctive Sparkling Red finish, and includes an Ableton Live Lite software license to maximize music production and sample creation workflow with the instrument.
Roland’s SPD-SX Sampling Pad is the professional touring standard for triggering custom samples, loops, and even complete backing tracks. It also supports real-time sample capture via its exclusive Multi-Pad Sampling function. With its expanded memory, the SPD-SX Special Edition supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage. This allows busy players to load all the studio-quality WAV samples they need into the instrument, offering greater convenience and versatility when using the sampling pad in different live performance and recording situations.
Integrating the SPD-SX Special Edition with the included Ableton Live Lite music software forms a highly flexible production and sample creation setup. Sounds played in Ableton Live Lite can be sampled in the SPD-SX Special Edition, and sounds played on the pads can be recorded into the software. The SPD-SX Special Edition can also be used as a MIDI pad controller for recording expressive MIDI tracks in Ableton Live Lite or any popular DAW. Connecting the sampling pad to a computer requires only a USB cable.
The SPD-SX Special Edition also comes with Roland’s SPD-SX Wave Manager software. Via a friendly interface, users can import audio files directly from the computer to the instrument, assign samples to pads, and easily organize a library with thousands of samples.
To complement its enhanced features, the SPD-SX Special Edition comes in a Sparkling Red finish that offers a distinctive look to set it apart from other gear on stage.
SPD-SX Special Edition features
- 16 GB internal memory supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage, eliminating the need to carry additional external memory.
- Ableton Live Lite license included for sophisticated sample creation.
- Sparkling Red finish for a distinctive look on the stage.
- Nine easy-to-play, velocity-sensitive rubber pads with LED illumination for dark stages.
- Multi-Pad Sampling allows you to sample directly into the SPD-SX — simply choose a pad, and then strike it to start sampling.
- Three onboard multi-effects processors (master effect and two kit effects) for powerful real-time sound processing while performing.
- Easily import, assign, and organize samples by connecting to your computer via USB and using the included Wave Manager software.
The SPD-SX Special Edition is available for a street price of $899.99 USD.