IK Multimedia has announced the rebirth of analog tape-based sampling with SampleTron 2, a deep multi-sampled collection of 10 classic tape-based and early digital samplers, alongside an additional collection of modern acoustic instruments to use with tape processing.
The virtual instrument combines the powerful sound engine of the award-winning SampleTank 4 with IK’s industry-leading tape modeling technology to recreate the distinctive, ultra-vibey sounds of tape-based samplers from the ’60s and ’70s, along with quirky early digital sample players and vocoders.
This comprehensive collection features deep sampling of vintage Mellotron and Chamberlin tapes, a collection of new acoustic “non-Tron” sounds with tape processing, and now enables users to load their own samples and create modern audiophile Tron sounds that are uniquely theirs.
SampleTron 2 features
- 8GB virtual instrument collection of sought-after vintage and tape-based samplers.
- Over 400 tracks sampled from vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, Optigans and other rare pieces.
- Each preset can load three tracks to split, layer and solo from over 400 available.
- Features a collection of modern non-Tron and vintage digital sample-based instruments.
- Includes the full content of IK’s original SampleTron updated for legacy users.
- Sample loading function creates user Tron sounds with IK’s tape modeling DSP.
- Superb rack effects include Channel Strip, Tape Echo, Multimod and new Vintage Plate.
- Standalone operation or SampleTron 2 can be played as a library inside SampleTank 4.
Available for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX), SampleTron 2 is available for a limited-time introductory price of 199.99 USD/EUR (regular 249.99 USD/EUR).
Existing owners of any IK product 99.99 USD/EUR or more in value qualify for a reduced “crossgrade” price of 149.99 USD/EUR. All pricing excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia