Sinevibes has announced the release of the Eternal v2 barber-pole flanger effect plugin for Mac.
Another product to be added to the company’s all-new plugin lineup, the upgrade to Eternal brings the availability of both AU and VST3 formats, user interface size scaling up to 200%, as well as built-in preset management functions.
Eternal is a barber-pole flanger. Unlike a traditional flanger which has its tone repeatedly go up and down, a barber-pole flanger goes upwards or downwards in a seemingly endless fashion. To accomplish this unique effect, Eternal employs a thoroughly calibrated low-frequency oscillator with six output signals which modulate and crossfade three flangers – and they do this in a very special way.
Since these oscillators have a “through-zero phase” design, Eternal can go from downwards to upwards motion and back completely seamlessly. With two distinct timbres available thanks to positive or negative feedback, this plugin produces a wide variety of delicious spectrum sweeps – plus unusual chorus, pitch shift, and stereo widening effects.
Changes in Eternal v2
- Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%.
- Added VST3 plugin format.
- Added built-in preset manager.
- Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host.
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation.
- Doubled maximum flanger effect range from 3 ms to 6 ms.
- Increased Frequency control range and corrected the display of the actual effective value in Hz.
- Increased Feedback control range to -100..+100%.
- More thorough state initialization when receiving the reset() call from the host.
- More natural parameter mapping on Frequency, Stereo, Output controls.
- Added all-new presets + reworked collection of all old presets.
Eternal v2 is available for $29 USD. The update is free for customers who already own the previous version of Eternal.
More information: Sinevibes