SKnote has released Retoone and Fild, two VST effect plug-ins for Windows.
Retoone is a simple, midi-controlled effect for pitch-shifting, doubling, choir, chorus.
- Pitch-shifting and three voices choir — up to three independent voices are generated from the input. Each voice is shifted up to 1 octave up or down, with formant control. Frequencies can be controlled by midi notes. Pan control for each voice is available, with mid-side ratio control and “humanizing” parameters.
- Stereo chorus — the additional voices can work in “chorus” mode (modulated periodic pitch shift) and can be placed on the stereo field with mid-side ratio control.
Fild allows control of the relative phase, width and stereo image.
- Phase equalizer: relative phase between two tracks heavily affects the sound of the sum of the two. Introducing a simple delay between the tracks cannot match the phases in each frequency band. The phase equalizer provides 5 separate controls, acting exactkly like an equalizer but controlling the phase instead of modifying the amplitude. Useful on guitars, drums, etc.
- Stereo widener: a mono signal represents a “point” source in the stereo field. Giving some width to a mono signal converts it to stereo and allows to add some “dimension” to each instrument.
- Stereo image control: control stereo input or mono-to-stereo converted image: stereo width, center position, “mid” level and pan, “side” level and pan. Place each instrument with its own dimension in the stereo field and control its mid-side balance.
Retoone and Fild are available as VST effect plug-ins for 129 EUR each.
More information: SKnote