Soniccharge has announced the release of a free collection of patches for its Microtonic software drum instrument.
During the past few years I have been experimenting with machine learning algorithms that search for parameter settings to imitate any sound with any synth. Today I am happy to reveal the first fruit of this labor: Vintage Tonic.
Vintage Tonic delivers a collection of Microtonic patches created from recordings of the following classic analog and digital drum machines:
- Maestro Rhythm King (1960).
- Keio / Korg Minipops 7 (1966).
- Roland CR-78 CompuRhythm (1978).
- Korg KR-55 (1979).
- Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer (1980).
- Oberheim DMX (1981).
- Linn Drum (1982).
- Roland TR-909 Rhythm Composer (1984).
- Roland TR-707 Rhythm Composer (1984).
- Roland TR-505 Rhythm Composer (1986).
The package is a free download from the Soniccharge website. The custom Vintage Tonic skin for Microtonic is available at the Soniccharge forum.
More information: Soniccharge