Sound Radix has announced the release of SurferEQ 2, a major update to its pitch-tracking equalizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
SurferEQ 2 is a high-quality equalizer which can handle conventional EQ duties with ease. However, it’s the unique pitch-tracking capabilities that give it its name, and which allow you to fundamentally reshape melodic parts or bass-lines in ways no ordinary EQ could manage.
Version 2 enhances those capabilities with control of Surf Time and Pitch Detection settings. It also adds gating features for each band and an external sidechain input which open up whole new worlds of possibilities, allowing you to make parts of your mix interact in interesting and useful ways.
Changes in SurferEQ 2
- Side-chain input: Makes it possible to use pitch from another track to process polyphonic audio tracks to make “space” in the mix.
- Spectral Gate (normal and reversed): Allows engaging or disengaging the EQ when the input level crosses a set threshold level.
- Live mode with zero latency.
- Four new and extremely creative Harmonic Filter modes.
- Morphing filters.
- Surf-time control: Allows setting the speed at which SurferEQ will “Surf” from one note to another.
- HP and LP Surf-frequency limit: Allows setting a limit to the high- and low-pass filters when Surfing.
- PACE iLok provides easy installation and mobility.
- Completely re-designed, retina-compatible and OpenGL optimized vector graphics UI.
- Spectral Level Meters.
- Frequency analyzer.
SurferEQ 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for the introductory price of $129 USD until October 1st, 2016 (regular $199 USD). The upgrade from version 1 is $29 USD during the sale (regular $49 USD). Users who purchased SurferEQ after June 1st, 2016 are eligible for a free upgrade.