Splice Originals: Orchestral Serum is the latest release in Splice’s Coronavirus quarantine series showcasing what can be done without a traditional setup.
Harold O’Neal demonstrates how you can achieve an orchestral vibe from nearly anywhere with the help of plugins like Serum and samples like the ones found in this pack.
Pianist, composer, and producer, Harold O’Neal recorded MIDI at his Brooklyn studio in a wide range of pianistic and orchestral styles. We then took that MIDI and used it as a basis to create orchestral Serum patches and loops. The result is a pack of sounds cinematic in style and dreamy in quality with a touch of jazz inspiration.
Weave together your own sonic storyline with the sounds of keys, clarinet, cello, oboe, flute, viola, and more. Whatever you create with them, these sounds will conjure a feeling of grandeur.
Other recent Splice Originals titles include:
- Bass Clarinet Explorations: A bass clarinet soundscape by Adam Shatz, including two deep-sampled Kontakt instruments (bass clarinet and tenor saxophone).
- Lox & Donuts: Lofi Hip Hop: Nick Paul leans on harmonies derived from soul and jazz while adding a modern twist, combined with the warm, crackling sounds of analog tape machines.
- Neon Lofi: Sam O.B. takes lo-fi hip hop and lines it with tinges of 1980s and ‘90s R&B and synth-wave.
- Constellations: Cosmic Americana: With psychedelic, indie-folk, R&B, and lo-fi elements, these sounds are primed for cross-pollination with pop, hip hop, and electronic genres.
- Sunshine Vibes: Stabby horns, swelling electric pianos, crunchy organs, and warm tones throughout in this pack by Stuart Bogie.
- Technicolor Soul: Brimming with guitars, organs, synths, huge drums, choir, slapping bass lines, winds, and horns, this pack offers dynamic soul sounds with tinges of lo-fi hip hop, chillwave, pop, and gospel.
The packs and all individual sounds are available to Splice Sounds subscribers.
New users can get 1 month free access to the Sounds 100 plan (100 download credits) with promo code yt2021 at the sign-up.
More information: Splice Originals