The Surge Synth Team has released an update to the Surge XT software synthesizer instrument for Windows, macOS and Linux.
Version 1.1 adds several new features, including action history (undo/redo), support for the new CLAP standard, expanded and improved support for accessible interfaces like screen readers, several new DSP and voice management features, and more.
Other highlights include:
- Easier patch navigation when searching by text (filtered results persist after loading a patch, allowing fast auditioning).
- Royal Surge skin (available in Skin Library) updated to match the latest features.
- Keyboard shortcut editor.
- Filter analysis overlay.
- Several new Airwindows effects.
- Scalability in Surge XT Effects plugin.
- 3D wavetable waveform display option.
- New wavetables and patches.
Check the changelog for full details on the update. Surge XT 1.1 retains full compatibility with XT 1.0 patches and sessions.
The free and open source synth is available in VST3, AU, CLAP and LV2 plugin formats, and as standalone software.
More information: Surge