SongWish has recently released the follow up to its reMIDI MIDI generator plugin that samples musical notes from MIDI files, allowing you use timeless hooks, motifs, themes, and variations from over 150 composers.
The reMIDI 2 upgrade allows you to take MIDI sampling to the next level with various new features.
reMIDI (pronounced ‘remedy’) is not another music theory MIDI effect plugin. It’s the very first MIDI sampler. It literally cuts to the core of the problem of finding inspired musical materials by providing harmonies and melodies that are proven to work – enabling you to sample the royalty-free compositions of past greats (Bach, Chopin, Gershwin, etc).
More in the mood for modern? No problem – You can use reMIDI to get the most out of your purchased royalty-free MIDI loops. If you can sample audio to help kickstart productions, why not sample midi? You can isolate melodies more easily than audio recordings and you can even extract all the chords used! Best of all – you get to choose the instruments.
Changes in reMIDI 2
- Grid layout of 120 pads, giving you effectively 120 reMIDIs.
- Each pad is assignable to have its own selected slice from the MIDI file loaded into the pad.
- Combine different MIDI files together (for melodic/drum MIDI).
- Record MIDI into pads from reMIDI MIDI input/output.
- Export all the pads as separated or combined MIDI.
- Freeze button to freeze the MIDI slice at its beginning (great for grabbing chords).
- Velocity settings to scale the MIDI file note velocities by the input note with the option of original/fixed velocities.
reMIDI comes with over 1700 royalty-free MIDI files in the factory library to sample from, and you expand the library by sampling from your own MIDI.
Available in VST and AU plugin formats for Windows and Mac, reMIDI 2 is priced $79 USD at Plugin Boutique.