Technics has unveiled its new SL-1200MK7 Direct Drive Turntable, a new model that inherits the traditional design of the same series and maintains the same operating ease, reliability and durability, while newly adding a coreless direct drive motor and other sound-enhancing technologies.
It also features new DJ play functions, such as reverse playback. The SL-1200MK7 is launched as the first new standard DJ turntable in approximately nine years.
The SL-1200 was launched as a popular direct drive turntable in 1972, becoming a best-selling model with cumulative sales of 3,500,000 units for the series. It was supported by powerful torque, easy operation, and high durability.
It became greatly admired by both audio enthusiasts and DJs who helped to unleash the DJ culture in areas such as electronic dance music. The series is still highly acclaimed by DJs worldwide today.
- Coreless direct drive motor achieving stable rotation and powerful torque.
- Highly sensitive tonearm accurately reads the signal stored in the record groove.
- Two-layer structure platter with improved vibration damping performance.
- High rigidity cabinet and high damping insulator for thorough shut-out of all vibrations.
- Detachable power/phono cable terminals prevents cable discontinuity.
- Starting torque/brake speed adjustment function.
- Pitch control function enables accurate and stable pitch adjustment.
- Reverse play function expands the breadth of dj play styles.
- Stylus illuminator featuring a high-brightness and long-life LED.
- All black design.
More information: Technics