The Sound Guy has released Spectral Machine, a frequency-domain plug-in featuring a wide range of unique spectral effects.
Spectral Machine™ is an advanced frequency-domain multi-effects plug-in. Like SFX Machine, Spectral Machine wraps a great deal of power and flexibility inside an easy-to-use interface.
But unlike time-domain plug-ins like SFX Machine, Spectral Machine starts by converting the audio into the frequency domain using a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). This gives us direct access to the signal’s frequency spectrum, enabling a number of effects that simply would not be possible in the time domain.
Spectral Machine features
- General Purpose Effects
- Delay Spectral Bands – Apply separate delays to different spectral bands, with individual control over the amount of feedback in each band!
- Spectral Freeze – Click the “Fire” button to freeze the sound, which then decays at different rates for high and low frequencies. Click the “Reset” button to unfreeze.
- Sample & Hold – Similar to Spectral Freeze, but it automatically retriggers at a specified interval.
- 3 AM – A tremolo effect with individual control over the modulation rate and depth in three frequency bands.
- 3-Band Filter – Precise control over the gain in three user-selected frequency bands.
- Spectral Peak/Notch – Lets you boost or attenuate an arbitrarily narrow frequency band around a specified frequency.
- Oscillating Peak/Notch – Interesting peak/notch effect with an oscillating center frequency.
- Monophonic Effects (for monophonic sources such as solo voice, clarinet, sax, etc.)
- Pitch Shift – Frequency-domain transposition with timbre preservation.
- Harmonize – Multiple transposition with timbre preservation
- Pitch Quantizer – Nudge each note to the nearest semitone, for pitch correction or to create an interesting vocal effect.
- Pitch Isolate –Isolates the tonal portion from the rest of the sound.
- Sine / Noise – Gives you independent control over the sinusoidal and noise/transient portions of the sound.
- Spectral Shapeshifter – Lets you change the shape of vocal formants (spectral envelope) without affecting the pitch.
- Vibrato – Frequency-modulates only the sinusoidal component.
- Robotization – Changes the pitch to a fixed frequency for a robotic effect.
Spectral Machine for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $75 USD excl. VAT.
More information: The Sound Guy