Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the release of a major update to its RayBlaster software synthesizer.
Version 2.5 includes exciting new features, enhanced sound quality, 43 additional patches, many enhancements for the user interface and some fixes.
RayBlaster unveils a completely new dimension of sounds, impossible with other synths. The revolutionary Impulse Modeling Synthesis is not just a marketing buzzword, but a radically different approach to synthetic sound generation.
Changes in RayBlaster v2.5
- New features:
- ‘Edit->Create Random Patch’ can create an unlimited number of complex and mostly useful sounds automatically.
- Tooltips with explanations are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button or control.
- The tooltips can be hidden with Help->’Hide tooltips’.
- The menus now show check-marks for the currently selected item.
- Automatic and dynamic micro-tuning for enhanced chords.
- Knobs can be reset to the default value with a double-click.
- A hand-symbol is shown for text parameters which can be altered.
- Support for the ‘natural-scrolling-mousewheel’ on the Mac.
- Clicking a diode now also changes the LFO waveform on the Mac.
- 43 additional patches.
- 4 additional waveforms.
- Enhanced sound quality:
- More linear frequency response above 6kHz. RayBlaster has a less ‘sharp’ overall sound and sounds more ‘high-end’.
- ‘Delay’, ‘Delay Dual’,’Delay Band’,’PingPong’ and ‘Multitap’ sound less detuned.
- The late-reflections of ‘Reverb Large’, ‘Reverb Medium’, ‘Reverb Small’, ‘Reverb Feedb’ and ‘Reverb Plate’ sound less detuned.
- Smoother sound of ‘Reverb Ultra’ and ‘Reverb Trance’.
- Enhancements for the GUI:
- Better mouse-wheel support on PC.
- A midi-program-change does not longer change the patch category.
- The menus are larger and easier to read.
- Patch category is now located above the patch selector.
- Unison is easier to set up.
- Several small enhancements for the GUI.
- Further enhancements:
- Slightly faster loading of patches.
- The ‘handbook’ is now a ‘manual’.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with recording automation in some hosts.
- Fixed a rarely appearing crash, which could happen after many midi-program-changes.
- The visual appearance of the modulation-depth of knobs could have been incorrect if a matrix target was switched.
- Fixed some wrong pixels which could happen after clicking the unison button.
RayBlaster is currently on sale for 99 USD/EUR (regular $189 USD). The update is free to existing users.
More information: Tone2 Audiosoftware