ToneBooster has announced TB BusCompressor, a compressor effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB BusCompressor is a very transparent, all-round dynamics processor designed to be able to handle everything from single tracks to complex, full mixes. Even with ultra-short attack and release settings, harmonic distortion is extremely low (often better than -150 dB re FS*), and CPU load is typically below 0.5% (depending on hardware).
Besides the conventional controls for threshold, ratio, attack and release, TB BusCompressor features a variable soft knee, a dry/wet mixer for New York / parallel compression, a dedicated ‘upward compression’ mode, and an auto-release mode. Furthermore, the amount of bass fed into the side chain / level detector can be adjusted as well in a dedicated ‘expert settings’ menu.
TB BusCompressor features
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 up to 192 kHz.
- Transparent compressor suitable for a wide range of audio material.
- Auto-release mode, and variable ‘dynamic release’ operation.
- Upward and downward compression modes.
- New York style / parallel compression supported by integrated dry/wet mixer.
- Very light on the CPU.
- Visual indication of effective compressor curve, including effect of dry/wet mixing.
TB BusCompressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 19.95 EUR.
ToneBooster has also updates all plug-ins for version 3.0.
Changes in ToneBooster 3.0
- All plugins
- Complete GUI redesigns.
- Variety of bug fixes, optimizations, improvements.
- Major improvement on how plugin parameters are mapped onto automation data and external controllers.
- Option to manually enter parameter values by right-click on rotary controls.
- Added mouse-wheel functionality to drop-down menus.
- Improved host automation for all X/Y editors.
- Autosaturation replaced by intelligent multi-band limiter.
- Lookahead now expressed in ms.
- 33% reduction in latency.
- CPU load reduction on OSX (VST+AU).
- Complete redesign of saturation module, giving much smoother sound.
- Removed certain gimmicks (tape stop, noise reduction).
- Lost presets are recovered.
- Latency reduced to just 4 samples due to true analog emulation.
- Aprox 15% CPU load reduction.
- BusCompressor – Release of all new, low-complexity, high-quality compressor.
- Equalizer – Added several new filter types (notch filter, bandpass filter, Pultec-style shelving filters).
- Enabled continuous change of (re)sampling rate.
- Addition of analog saturation module (with drive and mix controls).
- TimeMachine is now part of the TrackEssentials bundle.
- FlX / FlX4
- Approximately 30% CPU load reduction on OSX (VST+AU).
- Improved GUI responsiveness.
- EBULoudness – Increase in GUI refresh rate for smoother metering.
- Ferox/Omnisone/Module/EZQ/IsoneSurround/HumRemover/XYTool – These guys are enjoying their retirement.
More information: ToneBoosters