Toontrack continues its Metal Month with the launch of the new Hardcore MIDI pack, a collection of drum MIDI grooves performed by Hatebreed drummer Matt Byrne.
Not only inspired by his own band’s catalogue but a broad selection of pioneering songs, influential artists and notable drummers of the genre, Hatebreed drummer Matt Byrne delivers an uncompromising, full-on assault of relentless grooves spanning the whole range of the hardcore genre from then and now. Expect anything from the metal-tinged and devastatingly heavy to the alarming, crushing and aggressive onset of classic hardcore.
All in all, this is a collection of grooves battered in pent-up rage, right at the verge of eruption – balancing dead center at the divide of metal, punk and hardcore.
Hardcore MIDI features
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by hardcore and metal music.
- Performed by Matt Byrne of Hatebreed.
- 4/4 in straight and/or swing feel.
- Approx. 320 individually played files.
- Tempos ranging from 95 BPM to 185 BPM.
- Song structure categorization in 8- and 16-bar variations (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, fills).