Tracktion Corporation has announced the release of its latest virtual instrument f.’em. With eight synchronizable wave oscillators, two sample operators and a deep modulation matrix, it is one of the most powerful and versatile FM synths ever made.
F’em allows for sounds associated with iconic synths such as the mighty Access Virus, the Yamaha DX7 and the lavish Yamaha GS1. But beyond its unparalleled synth emulation capabilities lies its true superpower. An outrageously deep modulation matrix. This matrix provides endless possibilities and lends itself to the creation of truly unique FM sounds.
For musicians looking for a fresh new synth sound to bring too their music, f.’em is a creative powerhouse which is fundamentally different to subtractive synthesis in both technique and effects. By allowing users to combine simple waveforms to create more intricate outcomes, sounds like bell timbres, metallic tones, punchy bass lines, synthetic brass sounds and the tones of electric pianos become easily achievable.
Drum and bass producer Stranjah said:
‘f.’em takes FM synthesis to the next level. I enjoy the sonic and modulation capabilities provided in its meticulous and thoughtful design. Virtually every nook and corner has been considered with how parameters can be modulated. I look forward to creating some GNARLY bass sounds with this beast!’
f.’em offers musicians a powerful change of pace in an easy-to-use format that is immediately enjoyable. This wild, euphoric FM synthesis journey delivers whether the sound the user is looking for is warm or bright, aggressive or delicate.
- 4 Layers, each with 4 effect slots.
- No fix algorithms, feed any wave operator into any other wave operator forward and backward.
- Wave operators feature hard sync like in analog synthesizers and offer different waveforms from sine wave over analog waves to the waves found in some classic FM synthesizers.
- Two multisample operators. One can frequency-modulate any of the other operators, the other multisample operator can be frequency-modulated by any of the other operators.
- Noise operator that can frequency-modulate any other operator.
- 2 filters with overdrive stage, freely routable in series, parallel or anything in-between.
- Each operator has its own pitch and level LFO and its own pitch and level envelope.
- 2 Flow LFOs with freely editable LFO shapes.
- Tempo-synced, loopable envelopes with up to 32 stages.
- Keyboard level scaling of each operator.
- Modulation matrix with up to 200 entries.
- Modifier matrix with up to 32 modification algorithms.
- Quick edit panel for quick and easy adjustment of timbre and overall envelope.
- Automation of most continuous parameters.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats, the plugin is priced $179 USD. You can try it for free with a 90-day trial version.
More information: Tracktion Corporation