u-he has announced the release of version 1.0 of Hive, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Hive has come a long way since its early days as a weekend project exploring supersaw algorithms! A long parade of concept revisions, heated discussions, code reviews, scrapped ideas, re-designs and late night bug-hunting followed…
Finally, we are proud to present Hive 1.0. Available for Mac OSX and Windows (VST2, AU and AAX formats, 32bit and 64bit).
Hive was designed to be very fast and fluid. Not just the workflow in the streamlined GUI, but also under the hood. Multiple instances of Hive won’t smoke your CPU! We didn’t skimp on sound quality or creative options, however — Hive is packed with the features and flexibility to deliver stunning sounds, whatever your style of music.
- 3 character options (Normal, Dirty, Clean).
- 2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators.
- Up to 16x unison per oscillator for fat ‘super’ waves.
- 2 multimode filters (6 modes each).
- Integrated arpeggiator and step sequencer.
- 12-slot modulation matrix with drag-and-drop assignment.
- 7 quality effects, in any order you like.
- 2,700 presets.
Hive is available for purchase for $149 USD (+ VAT in EU).