Plugin Alliance has announced the upcoming release of Unfiltered Audio’s first synthesizer instrument, LION.
LION is said to be an extraordinarily deep synth that features an easy to use interface and provides everything you need for quick patching, endless experimentation and intuitive sound design.
Under LION’s hood is a dual-oscillator architecture where each oscillator comes with 26 modes. These modes range from classic to modern and all the way up to purely experimental. Pick and choose from FM synthesis, subtractive or additive waveforms, superoscs, noise or variations on each!
Each algorithm lends itself well to extensive modulation and also provides an easy path for stereo spread at the core synthesis level. What really takes LION to the next level and sets it apart from all the other soft synths out there is the ‘Drift’ mode and Unison variation. It’s quite simple to program full and lush sounds with just the oscillators, all before you start reaching for any external effects.
All within its single-interface GUI you have a powerful ability to craft sounds that feel as though they were produced by a large chain of plugins, tabs and automation. Instead of spending time watching tutorials to learn the intricacies of a synth, you can now focus on the music by harnessing LION’s immense sonic complexity and versatility.
- Over 20 unique oscillator modes, each with an optional, unique stereo algorithm.
- Per-voice modulation.
- Eight unique mixing algorithms for smashing together two oscillators.
- A complete BYOME row for unlimited, modular effect processing.
- Intuitive UX through carefully crafted single-page design (No Tabs!).
- Modulatable unison depth for every oscillator control.
- A new tag-based preset browser.
- Full MPE support with modular routing.
- Full microtuning support (via TUN files).
LION is scheduled for release in August. A free 14-day trial version can be downloaded now in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats.
More information: Plugin Alliance