Universal Audio has announced the debut of Softube’s Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, and Acoustic Feedback Deluxe plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface.
With the addition of renowned Softube Amp Room plug-ins to the UAD platform, owners of UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware now have industry-leading guitar and bass amp modeling at their fingertips. And, when used with the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface, the Softube Amp Room plug-ins allow musicians and producers to jam, write, and record through stunning guitar or bass sounds with near-zero latency.
“We’re delighted to see our very popular Amp Room products finding their way to the UAD platform,” says Softube Product Manager, Niklas Odelholm. “They are a perfect match for Apollo, where you can use Amp Room for directly recording guitar, bass, electric pianos, and other instruments through these world-class amplifiers.”
“It’s extraordinary to have Softube onboard as a UAD Direct Development partner,” says UA CEO and Founder Bill Putnam, Jr. “The Amp Room plug-ins are truly best-in-class, and will put some very inspiring tools in the hands of UAD and Apollo users.”
Available as part of an upcoming UAD Software release, the following plug-ins and bundles will be available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
- Softube Vintage Amp Room — $199US
- Three versatile and classic vintage amps from the 1960s.
- White amp model delivers classic, distorted rock n’ roll grit.
- Brown amp model provides warm clean tones, breaking up at higher volumes.
- Green amp model offers chimey-to-distorted tones, plus vibrato/tremolo.
- Detailed speaker cabinet modeling with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Softube Metal Amp Room — $149US
- Extreme high gain amplifier model delivers burly, aggressive metal guitar sound.
- Two speaker cabinet models with fully adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Fast, program-dependent one-knob noise gate — ideal for palm muting.
- Softube Bass Amp Room — $149US
- Superior model of a versatile 1970s bass amplifier.
- Thick, solid preamp distortion and power amp distortion at extreme settings.
- Includes three distinctive speaker cabinets (Classic, Rocker, and Oddbird) with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Separate DI controls allow for blending of direct vs. amped signal.
- Softube Amp Room Bundle — $299US
- The ultimate collection of Softube Amp Room plug-ins for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware.
- Vintage Amp Room showcases three iconic guitar amps from the 1960s.
- Metal Amp Room adds raw, aggressive metal guitar sound to any recording.
- Bass Amp Room delivers the dead-on sound of a classic 1970s bass amp.
- Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe — $149US
- True physical modeling of rich, inspiring guitar feedback effect.
- Fully responsive to vibrato, bends, slides, and more.
- Simple controls for level, tolerance, harmonics and subharmonics.
More information: Universal Audio