VCV has announced the release of VCV Rack 2, a major update to the virtual Eurorack studio for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Version 2 includes a new dark room mode, module selections, an enhanced module browser, and a DAW plugin for use inside DAW projects (Pro only).
After 2 years of development, the latest major update of the virtual Eurorack platform VCV Rack is here. Rack gives you the full flexibility of a Eurorack modular synthesizer with the convenience and portability of DAW software.
Changes in Rack 2
- Dark room mode to save your eyes at night with adjustable room brightness.
- Module selections to save, share, edit, and move around selections of modules. (New .vcvs selection format.)
- Enhanced module browser to zoom, favorite, and sort your module collection.
- Redesigned UI and built-in modules.
- Port tooltips, context menu, and key commands for faster control of patch cables.
- Optimized real-time engine with multiple audio interface support (if supported by manufacturers’ drivers).
- Add/remove individual modules from the VCV Library to fine-tune your module collection.
- Many more additions and improvements.
VCV Rack 2 is a free download as standalone application.
The Pro version is on sale for $99 USD until 2022 (regular $149 USD). It includes a VST plugin for full integration into your DAW (more plugin formats coming soon). A bundle containing Rack 2 Pro + VCV Drums + VCV Sound Stage is also available until 2022 for $139 USD (regular $209 USD).
More information: VCV