VI Labs has released its new virtual instrument Modern U, a deeply sampled brand new studio upright piano.
Modern U features 6 discrete phase-aligned fully mixable microphones with interactive mic display, real deeply sampled resonance for both pedal down and sympathetic resonance types, complete control of up to 5 pedals including the new Sordino pedal, and more.
Modern times call for a modern virtual piano: Highly detailed and intimate, clean and crisp, a new piano sampled with the finest gear in a modern space, able to shine or blend in as desired. A realistic precise response using any controller, plus sophisticated controls and presets with tweakability rarely seen in a virtual piano. High res graphics, deep sampling and scripting but easy on the system.
We’re happy to introduce the Modern U, sampled from a brand new popular studio upright piano with a modern approach. It’s just an upright you say. Why sample an upright instead of a grand? Prepare to be amazed.
Modern U features
- Over 23,000 pristine samples stored in a small 6.5GB library, originally 55GB in wave format, thanks to lossless FLAC compression.
- 100% sample-based, no modeling or synthesis used.
- Very efficient use of RAM and CPU resources.
- 6 discrete microphone setups with a menu-based interactive interface.
- Unique Sordino Pedal for a soft ethereal tonal option.
- Fully sample-based Sympathetic and Pedal Resonance.
- Adjustable Sympathetic Resonance polyphony.
- Repedal and True Pedal Action for realistic sustain pedal control.
- Half-pedal mode is sample-based and fully adjustable.
- Muted Strikes samples with a percussive attack and short decay.
- Customizable MIDI and Dynamics response.
- 37 pristine Convolution Reverbs included with deep controlability.
- 1,400 release samples per microphone including true stacatto trails.
- Powerful Stereo Width and Timbre Shift controls.
- Tuning panel includes many presets and supports micro-tuning.