Voxengo has announced an update to the SPAN free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Version 3.11 adds Apple Silicon native compatibility and some other improvements.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Besides that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Other changes in version 3.11 of SPAN:
- Added 1/48 octave spectrum smoothing option.
- Improved spectrum smoothing precision.
- Enabled the “asynchronous drawing” window mode on macOS; may fix the user interface “lagging”.
- The “Copy to” button is now called the “Copy”: this button now copies parameters FROM the selected group, NOT TO the selected group. This should improve the workflow.
- Improved font rendering slightly.