Voxengo has released version 1.6 of Deft Compressor, an audio track and bus compressor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by compressor’s timing function that closely resembles the S-curve on both attack and release stages.
The S-curve timing function means that the attack and release stages “look” like S-curve (sigmoid curve). Such curve sonically adds a very warm coloration, without sharp edge. Beside that, S-curve on longer release times possesses a bit of “hold” time delay where it does not change. This allows the compressor to have clean, almost uncolored higher frequencies.
Changes in Deft Compressor v1.6
- Fixed crash in WaveLab 8.5.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added “Brown”, “White” and “Cyan” color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Made internal channel names start at “C” to reduce confusion with the A/B comparison buttons.
Deft Compressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $69.95 USD.