Voxengo has announced an update of its Tube Amp plugin, a free audio effect that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes.
The sound this plug-in produces varies from a mild “warm” overdrive to a fuzzy distortion. Tube Amp also includes a -6 dB/oct low-pass filter that is built-in into plug-in’s tube/valve modeling equation, and can be used to imitate a lower-quality tube triode. Beside that, Tube Amp has a switchable output saturation stage which can be used to additionally overdrive the output signal.
Tube Amp features all standard advanced Voxengo plug-in features like full multichannel operation, channel routing, built-in oversampling and other functions.
Changes in Tube Amp v2.6
- Added ProTools 12+ AAX64 support.
- Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
- Added 90%, 110%, 150%, 175% visual scales.
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
- 15% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).