Voxengo has announced an update to the popular SPAN free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for Windows and Mac.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN v3.13
- Added the “Large Cursor Readouts” plug-in setting which enables larger mouse position readouts, useful when the plug-in is placed on a distant dedicated monitor.
- Fixed a drawing bug with the “Flat Panels” global switch disabled.
- Improved overall graphics drawing performance.
- Improved anti-aliased line rendering of the secondary spectrum.
- Improved knob’s renderings.
- By frequent user request, the “Solo” switch’s state is now saved together with the preset (a part of the routing parameters). While this opens up a possibility of leaving the “Solo” switch enabled and forgotten, this provides more flexibility, e.g. when mid/side processing is used.