Plugin Boutique has announced a 24 hour flash sale on Waves Abbey Road Reverb Plates, an audio effect plugin that offers precise modeling of the four legendary EMT 140 reverb plates housed at Abbey Road Studios and used on recordings by the Beatles and Pink Floyd.
Introduced in the 1950s, plate reverbs have been a fixture of recorded music ever since. Used most prominently in the ‘60s and ‘70s by pioneering bands, including the Beatles and Pink Floyd, Abbey Road Studios’ original reverb plates – four EMT 140 units – were first installed in 1957 to complement the fixed reverberation times of the studios’ echo chambers.
These beautiful-sounding plates, with a variable reverb time of up to six seconds, were then tweaked to perfection by Abbey Road’s technical engineers. To keep noise to a minimum, EMI’s Central Research Laboratories designed unique hybrid solid-state drive amps for Plates A, B and C. Plate D was fully valve-powered on both drive and output stages, allowing a versatile array of sonic characteristics, from warm and dark to lush and smooth.
Abbey Road Reverb Plates features
- Precise modeling of four legendary Abbey Road reverb plates (EMT 140), each with its unique character.
- A drive control to set the THD characteristics of the in/out amplifiers and the plate sheet itself.
- Ability to control the amount of analog noise and hum.
- Four original bass cut positions.
- Crosstalk between the stereo inputs to get a stereo leak effect.
The Abbey Road Reverb Plates are on sale for £25 GBP until September 19th, 2017.