Waves Audio has released Flow Motion, a new hybrid FM synthesizer instrument for deep basses, screaming leads, rich pads and growling FX.
The synth features an intuitive graphic interface that makes FM synthesis playful and easy, an innovative 16-step snapshot sequencer, and a rich library of over 1000 presets.
Flow Motion combines the best elements of FM (frequency modulation) and analog-style subtractive synthesis in one powerful instrument.
The Flow screen eases your way into FM synthesis, with a uniquely designed graphic FM modulation matrix that connects four powerful mono/polyphonic oscillators with independent waveform and pan controls. You can easily modify assignments between the oscillators, using four independent floating LFO/envelope modulators with intuitive drag-and-drop manipulation.
The Motion screen lets you further control filters, amplitude, EQ and FX in a ‘traditional’ subtractive way, for added power and flexibility.
The 16-step snapshot sequencer enables you to easily capture 16 different states of the synth and switch between them in real time. With 16 recallable snapshots per patch, you can quickly create jaw-dropping sequences, on the fly and in the flow.
With an additional 16-step note sequencer/arpeggiator and built-in FX, this hybrid synth will let you take your ideas to new sonic territories. Huge on tweakability, but light on the learning curve, Flow Motion will advance your creative flow whether you’re a beginner or an expert synthesist.
Flow Motion features
- Hybrid FM synth combining FM and subtractive synthesis.
- Intuitive graphic FM modulation matrix with instant visual feedback.
- 1000+ strong preset library, including exclusive artist presets.
- 4 high-resolution oscillators.
- 4 flexible LFOs and envelope modulators.
- 16-step snapshot sequencer: sequence up to 16 recallable snapshots per patch.
- Built-in note sequencer/arpeggiator.
- State-of-the-art studio-quality FX.
- Use as standalone instrument or plugin, in the studio or live.
- NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.
Flow Motion is on sale for the intro price of $39 USD (regular $99 USD).
Waves has also launched the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection, a bundle of 10 premium instruments perfect for the studio or live.
Legendary acoustic & electric pianos, stunningly realistic-sounding bass, and cutting-edge synthesizers, putting any sound virtually at your fingertips.
Whether you are a producer, composer, songwriter, beatmaker or professional musician, when inspiration hits you, this collection serves you a hand-picked palette of classic keyboard instruments, innovative synths, and moving bass sounds.
The collection includes:
- Grand Rhapsody Piano: Faithful model of the majestic Fazioli F228 grand piano housed at London’s Metropolis Studios – the very piano played on Grammy-winning hits such as Adele’s “Hello.”
- Electric 88 Piano: “Top of the class for Fender Rhodes VIs,” with all the soul-moving sweetness and character of the original vintage 88-key instrument.
- Electric 200 Piano: Meticulously sampled from an original 200A-model to deliver that classic Wurly sound.
- Electric Grand 80 Piano: The era-defining polish and brilliant tones of the original hybrid electric-acoustic CP-80 model piano.
- Clavinet: One of the funkiest keyboards ever created – the D6-model Clavinet, delivering the percussive playability, feel and expression of the original funkified icon.
- Flow Motion FM Synth: Hybrid FM synth with an intuitive graphic modulation matrix, rich presets, and an innovative snapshot sequencer for endless sound design capabilities.
- Element 2.0 Virtual Analog Synth: Analog-style polyphonic synth designed to deliver the warmth and depth of hardware synth classics.
- Codex Wavetable Synth: Cutting-edge polyphonic wavetable synthesizer designed to create sounds that range from warm acoustic and analog emulations to never-before-heard intricate and evolving textures.
- Morphoder: The classic sound of the original Vocoder synthesizer for classic robotic vocal effects.
- Bass Slapper: The most elaborate and realistic-sounding slap bass virtual instrument ever created, letting you pull off the nuances of a seasoned bass player right on your keyboard.
The Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection is on sale for $299 USD (regular $699 USD).
More information: Waves Audio