The voting phase of the KVR Developer Challenge 2021 has ended and the winners have been announced.
This year’s winner is Full Bucket Music with the WhispAir software wavetable synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
WhispAir is a software instrument for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU). It is written in native C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption.
- All parameters on one single page.
- Three flexible wavetable oscillators.
- Classic Full Bucket stereo filter.
- Three modulation and four envelope generators.
- Unison mode and Chorus.
- TUN/SCL/KBL micro-tuning file import.
- Supports MTS-ESP by ODDSound dynamic micro-tuning.
- Resizable user interface (not “N” version.).
- MIDI Learn – all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC.
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32-bit and 64-bit).
The latest version of WhispAir is available to download for free from the Full Bucket Music website, where you will also find many more free synths and effects.
Runner-up is Phuturetone’s GR-8 virtual analog synthesizer instrument. Third and fourth places go to Full Bucket Music’s Grain Strain effect plugin and FKFX Influx, a sequenced resonator distortion plugin, while the fifth place winner is Laras Composition, a Java music composition tool by Heri H. Hasyim. This year’s soundware winner is Virtuosity Drums by Versilian Studios.
All 37 entries to the KVR Developer Challenge are available to download, and donations to the prize fund will remain open until August 17th, 2021.
More information: KVR Audio