XILS-lab has announced availability of the XILS 201 audio effect plugin, modeled after the vintage VSM 201 Vocoder from Sennheiser.
An exceptional clarity: The X201 Vocoder was modelled after an ultra-rare, ultra-pricey (even at the time of its release), Vocoder unit, whose intelligibility has never been surpassed.
It’s the missing link between artists like Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, Frank Farian (Boney M, Milli Vanilli etc.), Cylon Robots or Droids in Battlestar Galactica droids in Star Wars and… Daft Punk (RAM)
XILS 201 features
- A finely tweaked and emulated 20-band filter vocoder.
- Per band bypass, addition and bridging possibilities.
- One internal sound carrier based on one oscillator and one noise generator.
- Four effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser with their own input routing.
- Automatic input Gain Control.
- Analogue like pitch tracker.
- External carrier input for feeding the vocoder with your own sounds or synthesizer.
- Access to a lot of parameters, which were not accessible in the hardware version.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.
The plugin supports VST, AU and AAX formats.