, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
Liine has released version 5.2 of Lemur, a multi-touch MIDI & OSC controller app for iOS. Lemur, the professional iOS controller app that doesn’t cut any corners, has evolved. Now easier to use than ever, … read more
MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of MDrummer, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. MDrummer has been updated to 5.02 bringing several improvements (user interface, MAmp plugin, song tab features…), optimizations and fixes. It … read more
Samplephonics has announced the release of its new Deep House & Disco sample pack. Whether you’re producing the most delicate of sunset classics or crafting the filthiest 4 a.m. deep house monster, this glorious sample … read more
Nezquik has released a free Vocal Sample Pack in celebration of 300 SoundCloud followers. I’d like to thank everyone who has showed me love throughout this whole time. I really appreciate it. The only way … read more
LSR Audio has released version 1.1.4 of its VLB525 software emulation of the classic 525 FET compressor. The 525 compressor first appeared in the early 70’s. It was integrated as a 500 module in famous … read more
Bolder Sounds has released Crystal Glasses V3 for Kontakt, introducing enhanced KSP scripting by Bo Clausen. The Crystal Glasses is a project I began in 2007. I worked on it sporadically over 3 years. Bolder … read more
The Drum Broker has released the Blap Kit Gold Box Bundle, a collection of blap kits by !llmind. Every single Blap-Kit, since the beginning of time. In one bundle. Retail Value: $800.00 USD // Cost … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of Sub Bass Tools 2, a sample pack featuring a collection of pulsing subs and pumping grooves engineered for instant bassline bliss. Tracks lacking low-end power? Struggling to sculpt … read more
Samplephonics has launched 50 IDM Soundscapes, a unique coollection of evolving IDM soundscapes. With astounding attention to detail this beautifully crafted sample library guarantees to add a sense of space and texture to your next … read more
Boz Digital Labs has introduced its new delay effect plug-in with a naming contest. We are in the last stages of finishing our delay plugin (which we are very, very excited about). We need your … read more
The Drum Broker has introduced MPC Drums V.3, a new sample pack by MSXII Sound Design. In what will be our final installment of our MPC Drums series, MSXII Sound Design once again brings you … read more
Voxengo has updated its SPAN and Overtone GEQ free effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, providing minor fixes and adding VST3 support. SPAN is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional … read more
Future Loops has announced the release of Kingston Rockers – Reggae Construction Kits, a collection of live recorded samples in WAV & REX format. Kingston Rockers is organized into several Construction Kits – structured in … read more
ModeAudio has announced a Flash Sale, offering up to 33% discount on its loop packs for a limited time. We’ve launched a Flash Sale on all our Loop packs – get up to an epic … read more
Producers Lunchbox has announced Dennis Pedersen Spire Essentials vol. 1, a new collection of presets for the Spire synthesizer instrument by Reveal Sound. Spire is an absolute beast, and I was SO inspired while doing … read more
J1000 has announced the release of BTQ2, a free bass/treble equalizer effect plug-in for Windows. BTQ2 is simple equalizer that twists bass and treble using two interlocked pairs of shelf and peak filters. Some famous … read more
Delectable Records has launched Raw Tech House 2, a new sample pack featuring a collection of Tech House loops and samples. 960Mb rendered in high definition 44.1 kHz at 24bit quality and shaped specifically designed … read more
Spitfire Audio has launched Gallon Idiophones, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring prepared steel pans by percussionist Frank Ricotti. Having produced a series of staples in the ‘Harpsichord’, our seminal ‘Orchestral Percussion’ range … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a sale on Sasha Soundlab, an instrument library by AudioRaiders. AudioRaiders has invaded Sasha’s studio to bring you the first collection of software instruments and sample libraries that truly capture his … read more