Twisted Tools has announced the release of MSMAX, a Maximizer effect and Mid/Side Matrix plugin for Reaktor.
As a Maximizer, MSMAX can be used for anything from subtle to extreme loudness maximization to get individual tracks or mixes sounding loud and finalized. As a Mid/Side matrix, MSMAX can be used to encode, decode and process Mid/Side signals to add width or create stereo imaging effects. With near-zero latency and CPU efficient code, you can use it on any type of track and run multiple instances without bogging down your system.
MSMAX also features a flexible and easy to use insert effects path, that allows you to insert your own effects to be applied to either the Left/Right or Mid/Side signals. To get you started, MSMAX includes an example effect called Nanoverb, which allows you to apply EQ and/or Reverb to any channel.
Lastly, MSMAX has a Sidechain Ducker at the output stage for some classic volume ducking or pumping effects. There are several modes to choose from to achieve instant results. For example, setting the Sidechain Ducker to auto mode will produce a 1/4 note pumping effect. Set it to ‘Self’ mode and you can duck a delay on a vocal track using the vocal itself as the sidechain input.
Whether you use MSMAX to slam your drum bus, apply creative M/S techniques within Reaktor or squeeze some more volume out of your master, MSMAX is a versatile production tool with several tricks up its sleeve.
MSMAX comes with a Lemur template by Antonio Blanca to control MSMAX remotely using an iPad and Liine’s Lemur application.
- Stereo Maximizer.
- Flexible Mid/Side Matrix (Encode/Decode Input and Output).
- Sidechain Volume Ducker (Sidechain using: Audio, MIDI, Auto, Self).
- Insert effects path (Pre/Post Maximizer).
- Use your own effects.
- Output Limiter.
- Mono Summing.
- Dry/Wet Mix with internal latency compensation.
- Near-zero Latency (1 sample).
- Low CPU.
- Phase flip (Standard or Pre-Decode M/S for 180 degree flip).
- Nanoverb Example Insert Effect (Reverb and EQ).
- Switchless switching for instant A/B’ing settings without clicks or pauses.
- Lemur template by Antonio Blanca.
- Free incremental updates.
MSMAX for Reaktor costs $39 USD. MSMAX comes with an additional 15% OFF coupon when you buy it before August 1st, 2013. All other Twisted Tools products are available at a 15% discount in the Summer Special Savings sale.
More information: Twisted Tools / MSMAX