Cableguys has announced updates for its Curve, FilterShaper and WaveShaper CM plug-ins.
In some setups, using a flat waveform in an oscillator could lead to erroneous output in Curve, which we fixed. And we’ve also fixed a UI bug which could occur after editing macros in Curve or MIDI assignments in Curve, FilterShaper or WaveShaper CM. Download the new versions of Curve and FilterShaper.
You can get Curve 2 CM and WaveShaper CM for free with Computer Music Magazine and Curve 2 BE for free with the German Beat Magazine.
More information: Cableguys
, MSXII Sound Design
, Noble & Cooley
, Pork Pie
, samples and sound libraries
, The Drum Sample Broker
Posted in news
on Apr 17, 2014 - 0 comments
MSXII Sound Design has released Snares & Hats, a new combo kit sample library.
This kit represents everything you love in quality production; dirty hats and crunchy snares. Make no qualms about it, this kit will partner well with your current MSXII library.
Multiple loop ideas have been included to spark immediate inspiration and ideas. We’ve used some of the most dirty hats we can find (16″ Vintage Zildjian Hats) to get a great sound.
Recorded through studio grade preamps and processed carefully, The Snares and Hats Combo Kit will sit nicely in both your mix and arsenal.
Snares & Hats features
- 60 drum loops of live snares + hi-hats in 16bit .wav format.
- Vintage saturation/coloring via products by API.
- Hi Hats used include: Zildjian 12″ Special Recording Hats, Zildjian 16″ Vintage Hats (40/50s), Dream 14″ Re-FX Jingle .
- Snare Drums used include: Pork Pie Percussion 6×14 Clear Acrylic Pig Lite, Pork Pie Percussion 7×13 Brass Patina, Pork, Pie Percussion 5×13 Maple, Pork Pie Percussion 6×10 Maple Soprano, Ludwig 5×14 Acrolite Black Galaxy, Noble & Cooley 4.75×14 Aluminum Alloy Classic, Pearl 3×13 Brass Piccolo, Pearl 8×14 Vinnie Paul Signature (Maple), Tama 5.5×14 Starclassic Birch, Custom SoCal 5.5×14 Maple (Built by Matt Slack).
- Additional chopped one-shot hits provided as bonus.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Snares & Hats Combo Kit
Vengeance Sound has launched Tapestop, a new Vengenace Producer Suite effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Tapestop effect is as old as it is famous, and Vengeance has the deluxe version of this effect for you: VPS Tapestop is your new favourite tool when it comes to all kind of pitch effects.
But stop, it can do a lot more: with the build in sequencer, volume and filter envelopes or the new “tape slip” feature you can create crazy effects, way beyond the classic Tapestop pitch-down.
VPS Tapestop features
- Simulates Pitch-Down and Pitch-Up.
- LP Filter can be added.
- Volume Fades can be added.
- Tape Slip: simulates worn Tapes/Vinyls.
- Stepped or smooth pitch effects.
- internal sequencer.
- 3 independend envelopes for pitch, filter and volume.
- realtime scope.
- 80 presets with pitch, wobble or special fx presets.
- no clicks and 100% sync with your song.
- The tapestop effect duration can be set in note values.
The Tapestop plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) costs 49 EUR. It is currently 20% off in as part of Vengeance’s Easter sale. Use coupon vEaster at checkout.
More information: Vengeance Sound / Tapestop
Resonance Sound has announced the release of Prime Kicks Vol.1, a new sample package by Sounds of Revolution.
Micro is beautiful: Oliver Schmitt aka SOUNDS OF REVOLUTION (SOR) continues his highly anticipated Micro Series with some decent tools to dust off your subwoofers: Prime Kicks Vol.1 for an unbeatable smashing price!
It’s not exactly a secret that only a proper bass drum delivers your tune perfectly to the dance floor – and this is your chance to get it just right: 125 professionally crafted, creatively layered, severely-processed-with-all-kinds-of-fancy-gear samples. Suitable for everything EDM and paying attention to every detail as usual, SOR sends you his best regards with beautiful analog, breakbeat/live, fx, verb and heavily layered kicks.
The sample pack is available for purchase for 5.95 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Resonance Sound / Prime Kicks Vol.1
The Auganizer software for renaming and organizing of AudioUnit plug-ins, was updated to version 1.1.
This release is all about adding compatibility and functionality across the board. We’ve made lots of changes on the backend of the software to cater for just about every plugin out there.
Changes in Auganizer v1.1
- Ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing.
- Logic presets now follow plugin renames around no matter how many times you change, update or revert.
- Added support for Automap enabled plugins.
- Full compatibility with Garageband 10.
- Ability to revert all plugins (or selected plugins) to a pure pre Auganizer state.
- Ability refresh the plugin list without closing and opening Auganizer.
- Ableton changes now appear in a “Auganized” folder under “Places”.
- Various improvements based on user feedback.
- Fixed: Unlocking plugins for users with a custom home directory.
- Fixed: Wrong popups for updated components when two versions of the same plugin exist.
- Fixed: A crash that could occur when quitting Auganizer.
- Fixed: 32Lives GUI’s in Auganizer (100% compatibility with 32Lives now).
- Fixed: “iLok not found” in Slate Digital VBC.
- Fixed: Missing GUIs (by adding, “copy back to system folder” feature).
- Fixed: Signed plugins are no longer touched or edited.
- Fixed: In testing, 100% compatibility with every plugin developer, there are currently no known problem plugins.
Auganizer for Mac is available for purchase for $34.99 USD.
More information: Auganizer
AudioThing has released ChromaKey in AU/VST plug-in and Kontakt formats.
Interface of the VST/AU plug-in version of ChromaKey.
ChromaKey is a collection of sounds ported to Kontakt and VST/AU plugin from AudioThing’s soundset for AAS Chromaphone. It features 60 patches divided in 6 categories: Keys, Pads, Plucked Strings, Sequences, Soundscapes, and Various.
Chromaphone physical modelling synthesis combines acoustic resonators to produce dynamic and expressive sounds. Despite the Chromaphone tagline “creative percussion synthesizer”, ChromaKey focuses entirely on hybrid and organic melodic sounds.
ChromaKey for Kontakt & VST/AU features
- 60 Instruments.
- 6 Categories.
- 616 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Format: Kontakt 4/5, VST, AU.
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
- Size: Kontakt 465 MB, VST/AU: MAC 430 MB / PC 285 MB.
The plugin/library is available for purchase for the introductory price of 9 EUR until April 28th, 2014 with coupon code 3YRS (regular price 12 EUR).
More information: AudioThing / ChromaKey
Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
Samplephonics has announced the release of the Leeds Town Hall Organ, a free virtual instrument sample library in collaboration with organist Dr Simon Lindley.
Simon crafted 6 versatile presets for us and we began the painstaking process of sampling this incredible feat of engineering. Over the next few months we spent many evenings in the town hall recording every single note with multiple round robins and over 10 second note recordings to capture the true sonic character of the organ. The repetitive nature of the task actually became quite hypnotic and a strange bond began to form between us, the organ, the building and the very spirit of the city of Leeds.
Everyone involved in the project worked long hours and for free, so we felt that it was only right to give away the fruits of our labour and hope that the spirit of this incredible instrument could spread throughout the world and help people to craft wonderful music that moves people to do good things.
Leeds Town Hall Organ features
- 3.2GB compressed content.
- Contains stereo wav organ note recordings and sampler instruments for Kontakt 5, Kontakt 4, Ableton Sampler, EXS24 and Reason NN-XT.
The library is a free download at Samplephonics.
More information: Samplephonics