HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced Tape DD-10, a free drum machine library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
HeadlessBuddha Samples Tape DD-10 sampled instrument for NI Kontakt.
‘What a cool old dirty drum machine!’– Me about the Yamaha DD-10 when I first saw it some years ago.
This is really a charming lo-fi low cost 8-bit drum machine released in 1988 aimed at the home market and I really love it. I’m writing in first person because I wanted to get really personal about this one. This is one of my all time favorites and it’s the sample pack I use the most when it comes to drum machines.
Tape DD-10 features
- 75 Samples (three round robins on each drum).
- 1 Kontakt instrument.
- 44.1kHz/24 bit .wav format.
- All recorded through tape.
- Bonus: 17 personal impulse responses to make your sound even more unique. One of them was even recorded through tape too.
The sample pack is a free download from the HeadlessBuddha Samples Facebook (no like required).
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Tape DD-10
Dmitry Sches has released version 1.30 of Diversion, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This time the update is not huge, but quite interesting. The update is all about samples. Diversion can play samples and do granular synthesis, though there is no support for AIFF and multisamples, for now just WAV.
In order to make fun from all of this, there is record button added to Diversion. Now you can click record button, play MIDI and record output audio. In a single menu click you can insert the recorded sample back into oscillator and continue over again.
Apart from samples, there are lots of minor fixes for GUI and stability both for Mac and Win.
Changes in Diversion v1.30
- Added sample playback support, including granular synthesis.
- Added output audio recording feature.
- Many minor stability fixes.
Diversion for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase at a discounted price of $89 USD (regular $169 USD) until January 15th, 2014.
More information: Dmirty Sches / Diversion
Crypto Cipher has launched Voices of Ragas Vol 1, a Kontakt library featuring ancient Indian ragas.
This library includes many variety of ragas with diverse emotional moods. Voices of Ragas Vol-1 Covers “words based phrases” as well “Aahs!/Aalaps” which don’t have any words in them. ”Aahs!/Aalaps” have Speed Control feature and “words based phrases” have tempo sync feature.
The uniqueness of this library is that we have provided Kid Voice and Young Voice of the same vocalist Alish Mohan. Alish Mohan is trained vocalist under Banaras Gharana and has a very unique voice.
Voices of Ragas Vol 1 features
- North Indian Hindustani Classical Style Raga Library.
- Three Patches (Innocence of Raga Voice, Young Voice of Raga, Young Voice of Raga Aalaps).
- Kid and Young male Raga Voices of same Vocalist.
- Covered Aalaps / Aahs!, Phrases, Sargam and Taans.
- Ragas Covered in Kids Voice: BhimPilasi, Bihag, Desh, Durga, God Sarang, Jai Jai Vanti, Jaunpuri, Kalingda, Lalit, Maru Bihag, Multani, Parmeshwari, Patdeep, Purvi, Tilak Kamod.
- Ragas Covered in Young Voice: Darbari, Jog, Marwah, Multani, Puriya Dhanashri, Shankra, Basant, Patdeep, Todi, Yaman, Ramkali.
- Young Voices Patch will go well with C# Drone and Kid Voices Patch will go with G Drone.
- Custom Script for Voices of Ragas.
- Pink Keyswitch for Selecting Ragas, Green Keyswitch to select Vocal Style of that Raga, Blue zones have Samples.
- Pitch wheel Control the speed of phrases in Aalaps/Aahs. “Words based Phrases have Tempo sync feature.
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 KHz/ 24 bit Format.
- Wave Files are kept unlocked.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $59 USD until January 7th, 2014 (regular $79 USD). All other Crypto Cipher products are 50% off until January 7th.
More information: Crypto Cipher / Voices of Ragas Vol 1
Wavesfactory has announced the release of Guzheng, a virtual guzheng instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Guzheng is a Chinese plucked zither, ancestor of several Asian instruments such as the Japanese koto, the Mongolian Yatga and the Korean gayageum. It has 21 strings and movable bridges.
- 5 articulations: fingers, pick, stick, bow and ebow.
- Up to 4x round robin and 4 velocity layers.
- Scripted realistic tremolo effect, control its velocity and intensity naturally and musically.
- Pitch wheel affects to the last played note without affecting the rest, like in the real instrument when players press the string on the other side of the bridge to make pitch bend and vibrato.
- 2.29 GB installed (Stereo WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit).
The library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / Guzheng
Glitchmachines has announced its Holiday Sale, offering a 30% discount on its products for a limited time.
Happy Holidays from Glitchmachines!
We’ve had a fantastic 2013 and want to thank you for your ongoing support.
From now through January 1, Save 30% on all purchases in your cart (excludes Polygon).
Use coupon code: GMHOLIDAY2013
We wish you a safe and happy Holiday season and we look forward to revealing lots of exciting products planned for 2014.
More information: Glitchmachines