Luftrum has announced an update to its Luftrum 9 soundset for the Diva virtual analog synthesizer by u-he.
All arpeggios in Luftrum 9 are now assigned to the integrated arpeggiator in DIVA and included are 10 extra variations of some chosen Arp presets, so Luftrum 9 now contains 74 presets in total.
The new update of Luftrum 9 is sent out to all customers.
Luftrum 9 features
- 74 presets ranging from smooth ambients pads to gentle arpeggios, berlin school sequences and synth emulations inspired by Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Royksopp and Jean Michel Jarre.
- 21 Ambient Pads.
- 19 Arpeggios + 10 variations.
- 15 Synths.
- 4 Soundscapes.
- 3 Sound Effects.
- 2 Strings.
- All arpeggios are assigned to the arpeggiator in DIVA v1.3.
The soundset costs $23 USD. Until December 31st, 2013, a 50% discount code can be found on the Luftrum website.
More information: Luftrum / Luftrum 9
Time+Space has announced the release of Critical Mass – Audioscapes by Zero-G and Xfonic, the latest addition to the impressive line-up of award winning cinematic sample libraries created by the same producer of Dark Skies and Alien Skies.
Critical Mass provides you with a vast expanse of new and experimental sound materials with themes ranging from chilling deep space horror all the way through to sumptuous heavenly atmospheres. It has been designed to suit all the needs of professional audio-video producers such as TV, cinema & game score composers and also EDM music producers who want to add a unique twist to their tracks.
In addition to hundreds of atmospheres, soundscapes, textures, hits, stingers, pads and FX there are 30 production kits which present the sounds within short, musical/sound design ‘cues’ to inspire your imagination – experiment by mixing and matching the sounds in the various Kits to create unique and interesting fusions!
Critical Mass Audioscapes features
- 700+ Acidized WAV files.
- 700+ AIFF Apple Loops.
- 750 Kontakt Instruments.
- 750 EXS24 Instruments.
- 750 NN-XT Instruments.
Critical Mass is available to purchase (download and 2-disc DVD set) for RRP £59.95 GBP/€74.95 EUR. A purchase of the library at Time+Space before December 16th will include Zero-G’s Ambiosis sample library download for free (£30.95 GBP value).
More information: Time+Space / Critical Mass
Audiomeals has announced the release of Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design.
Plug-In Channel Strip features eight plug-in modules where you can load any VST effect to design your own VST channel strip, including plug-ins like equalizers, delays, reverbs, distortion, flanger, compressors or any other VST effect from your computer.
Send your mic or instrument input into PCS to design the sound you want while PCS processes the incoming audio through eight plug-In modules.
Plug-In Channel Strip features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Up to 8 plug-ins channel strip.
- Save & Recall options.
- Mono & Stereo Input modes.
- Virtual Instrument module available. Play any virtual instrument through the plug-in channel strip.
- Vocoder module available. Load any virtual instrument to use it as your vocoder sound source, feed the vocoder with your mic input and process the audio through the plug-in channel strip.
- Output recording on WAV-AIFF-SD2-AU formats. Up to 192kHz/32-bits, depending your soundcard.
- Use Plug-In Channel Strip within any DAW or audio editor via Soundflower or JK Pipe (for Protools).
The Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac OS X 10.6 or later is available to purchase for $7 USD / 5 EUR. Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Audiomeals
XILS-lab has announced the release of R.A.M.S.E.S., a multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
XILS-lab R.A.M.S.E.S. – Rhythm and Motion Stereo Engine System.
Developed in close collaboration with fellow French sound design doyen Le Lotus Bleu (a.k.a. Laurent Bourgeon) to bring any audio signal to life with rhythm and motion, R.A.M.S.E.S. stands for Rhythm And Motion Stereo Engine System.
So what does that mean, exactly? Well, try imagining a multi-effect plug-in that adds (or removes) true stereo depth and space; reshapes, re-filters, and re-envelopes every sound source; creates hypnotic and robotic sequences, yet ably adapts to the most subtle or complex human rhythms; and makes digital synths sound analogue!
Anyone who thinks that sounds too good to be true… think again! That’s R.A.M.S.E.S.
- Pristine Analog Multimode Filter with exclusive Xils-lab 0-Delay-Feedback and Advanced Modelling Technologies.
- Full True Stereo Engine with Dynamic Balance (Pan) and Stereo Width Dynamic Control.
- Dynamic control of all volumes and gains (Vca) in Stereo Path.
- Exclusive Spray Delay Effect: Easy, fast and intuitive to set, Impressive to listen to.
- Crusher Effect with Dynamic control.
- Combines 5 essential effects with zero compromise audio quality for the price of one.
- RITA Performance Module (Realtime Interactive Transformation Area): Control R.A.M.S.E.S. by playing live on a MIDI keyboard only using Note On, Note pitch, Velocity, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Control Pedal, Keyboard tracking etc.
- Filter Control: Get total control of the multimode Analog filter with dedicated hardwired Enveloppe, LFOs, and the incredibly powerfull exclusive Xils-Lab-Le Lotus Bleu *Masks Technology.
- Pan-Level Control: Control Pan and Volume with dedicated Envelope, Multiwave LFO, and another complete *Grid-Masks combo.
- Advanced Area: Modulate any of 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters using a third *Grid-Mask area.
- Direct Midi Assignation: Automate via MIDI CC up to 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters.
RAMSES for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until January 1st, 2014 (regular 79 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / R.A.M.S.E.S.
Sound Performance Lab has announced Phonitor 2, bringing preamplifier/monitor controller functionality and remote controllable volume to the headphone preamp.
We are uber-happy to introduce the successor of our legendary Phonitor headphone preamp. We have kept all proven features while incorporating some major improvements — as such, the new Phonitor can be used as the ultimate monitor controller and preamp for three different sources.
Likewise, we revised the 120-Volt technology in order for it to perform better, which resulted in our measurement gear being outclassed. Even our creative team got even more creative and came up with a fascinating name: “Phonitor 2.” There’s only one thing that remained unchanged: the price.
Phonitor 2 features
- 120 Volt headphone amp and preamp/monitor controller.
- For dynamic and balanced headphones.
- For all headphones with an impedance of >10 Ohms (>40 Ohms for balanced headphones).
- Volume adjustment with any remote control.
- Frequency response: 4Hz – 480kHz (-3dB).
- THD+N: HP 0.00091 %, Line output 0.00085%.
- Dynamic range: HP 133.62dB/Line 134.37dB.
The Phonitor 2 costs MSRP 1,649 EUR.
More information: SPL / Phonitor 2