Beatmatch.info has announced Digital, a free sample pack.
“Digital” is a must have collection of close to 300 high quality royalty-free synthetic drum sounds, effects and one shots.
Thanks to Maschine extension update you can now use “Digital” with Native Instruments groove production workstation. Maschine extension includes 4 drum kits and 16 music grooves optimised for use in minimal techno, electro & detroit techno music productions.
- 295 Sound Files.
- 4 Drum Kits.
- 16 Music Grooves.
- WAV Format.
- 100% Royalty Free.
The pack is a free download at Beatmatch.info.
More information: Beatmatch / Digital
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac.
This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo buttons), and several compatibility improvements on Mac.
Changes in Blue Cat PatchWork v1.4
- Selectable parallel processing chains summing mode: sum or average.
- Solo button for parallel chains.
- MIDI Channel filtering for each plug-in input.
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 1.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed wrong plug-in instantiated in some cases when selected from a VST shell package.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR/$79 USD.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.5007 of Nuance, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Finally, a sampler designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality – and no bloat.
Proudly standing out from the crowd of complex and cumbersome samplers, Nuance’s streamlined and intuitive approach will boost your productivity and inspire you to create new sounds – fast.
Changes in Nuance v1.5007
- Pad Audition button.
- Empty pads can now be selected.
- CPU optimizations.
- Improved interpolation quality.
- Modulation amount now displayed on header.
- Crash in OSX / Logic 9.
- Windows installer would not run on 32bit systems.
- Start modulation was broken.
- Loop modulation fixes.
- Various minor bug fixes.
Nuance for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase at a 40% discount until July 31st, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
Flux has released v3 of Ircam Tools Spat, an advanced and sophisticated tool for room acoustics simulation and localisation, managing both spatialisation (source localisation) and room acoustic simulation in a truly consistent and visually logical way.
Designed for surround and multi-channel use, Spat v3 presents the option to setup the output arrangements providing a variety of stereo and surround configurations, including subwoofer configuration. With eight input and output channels available in SPAT, configurations up to 7.1 and 8.0 are feasible.
Each of the up to eight incoming audio channels is internally mapped to a range of Virtual Sources localized in a 3D space, and connected to a room (a reverb). Up to 3 rooms in parallel are provided, presenting the option to simulate complex spaces (coupled room acoustics).
Spat v3 introduce state of the art techniques for room acoustics simulation utilizing advanced perceptive models, concealing the complexity behind the actual algorithms, allowing for intuitive and accommodating user interaction capabilities.
Spat for Windows and Mac (AU/VST/AAX) costs $1379 USD / 1029 EUR. An introductory 30% discount is available for a limited time. For all current Spat users the Spat v3 software is a free update. Ircam Spat v3 includes a licence for Ircam Verb v3 as well.
More information: Flux / Ircam Tools Spat
MOTU has announced 1248, 8M and 16A, three new high-end Thunderbolt audio interfaces.
The culmination of years of R&D, each interface delivers a wide range of analog and digital I/O, A/D/A conversion with exceptionally high dynamic range, 48-channel mixing and DSP effects processing, universal connectivity to your computer, and audio networking for system expansion.
Flexible, powerful audio I/O
Start with the flagship 1248, or mix and match any combination of the three I/O’s to suit your specific needs. Add a 2nd interface with a simple Ethernet cable. Add the five-port MOTU AVB Switch to build an expanded system of 3 to 5 interfaces with AVB audio networking (or 6+ with additional switches). Regardless of which interfaces you choose, they all share features that are easy to use and shared among all three products.
1248, 8M and 16A features
- Superb audio quality — For example, all balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0). Class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- 32-bit floating point processing — The DSP engine for mixing and effects delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion and audio networking — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e Ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Matrix routing and splitting — Flexible, matrix-style audio routing and splitting for any analog or digital input, computer channel or network stream to any other output, computer, or network device. Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations.
- 256 channels of network audio I/O for your host computer — Record and monitor up to 128 networked audio channels in and out, simultaneously, through the Thunderbolt connection to a host computer.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 1248, 8M or 16A with a standard Ethernet cable and control the powerful on-board mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
- ADAT digital I/O — Connect outboard digital processors, digital mixers or other gear. 16 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 8 channels at 88.2/96 kHz.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
Pricing and availability TBA.
More information: MOTU
Spunkface Samplers has announced Massive Deep House Presets 2, the follow up to spf samplers hugely successful Massive Deep House Presets 1.
In this truly epic release you will find a huge array of pimped out deep house presets that are expertly sculpted.
If your looking to improve the sounds in your deep house productions then this truly is a must have Massive preset pack for you.
Massive Deep House Presets 2 features
- 101 presets for NI Massive.
- Includes 25 Bass presets, 10 Effects, 20 Synth presets, 25 Keys presets, 21 Pad presets.
The pack is available for purchase for £8.90 GBP.
Spunkface Samplers has also released Techno Drum Loops, a free pack comprising 5 drum loops (with top variations which makes 10 loops in total) full of analog kicks, claps, hihats, percussion and snares which is perfect for creating top quality techno productions.
Even thou Techno Drum Loops are designed for techno you can easily mould and manipulate the samples to work with any number of genres including Deep House, Tech House, Minimal and many more.
The pack is available to download at no charge.
More information: Spunkface Samplers
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Jul 24, 2014 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has launched a limited time sale on Cinematic Grand, offering a 50% discount on the virtual piano instrument by Antisample.
The Cinematic Grand is a Yamaha C2 concert grand piano, beautifully recorded by Antisample, that just inspires great music (listen to the demos!).
With intuitive interface controls, meticulously recorded samples and intricate scripting for realistic pedaling and sustain modeling, the Cinematic Grand is the perfect choice for productions ranging from classical, jazz and contemporary pop to ambience, soft rock and of course film scoring.
Cinematic Grand features
- Digital download only (274.5 MB).
- Full version of Kontakt 4.2.3 or higher required.
- Recorded in 16 bit / 48Khz.
- 5 velocity layers per note.
- 765 discrete samples.
- Re-pedaling and half-pedaling functionality.
- Scripted release envelope for realistic damper emulation.
- 3 custom Convolution Reverbs.
The library is available from VST Buzz for $24.50 USD until July 29th, 2014.
More information: VST Buzz