Resonance Sound has announced the release of Prime Kicks Vol.1, a new sample package by Sounds of Revolution.
Micro is beautiful: Oliver Schmitt aka SOUNDS OF REVOLUTION (SOR) continues his highly anticipated Micro Series with some decent tools to dust off your subwoofers: Prime Kicks Vol.1 for an unbeatable smashing price!
It’s not exactly a secret that only a proper bass drum delivers your tune perfectly to the dance floor – and this is your chance to get it just right: 125 professionally crafted, creatively layered, severely-processed-with-all-kinds-of-fancy-gear samples. Suitable for everything EDM and paying attention to every detail as usual, SOR sends you his best regards with beautiful analog, breakbeat/live, fx, verb and heavily layered kicks.
The sample pack is available for purchase for 5.95 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Resonance Sound / Prime Kicks Vol.1
The Auganizer software for renaming and organizing of AudioUnit plug-ins, was updated to version 1.1.
This release is all about adding compatibility and functionality across the board. We’ve made lots of changes on the backend of the software to cater for just about every plugin out there.
Changes in Auganizer v1.1
- Ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing.
- Logic presets now follow plugin renames around no matter how many times you change, update or revert.
- Added support for Automap enabled plugins.
- Full compatibility with Garageband 10.
- Ability to revert all plugins (or selected plugins) to a pure pre Auganizer state.
- Ability refresh the plugin list without closing and opening Auganizer.
- Ableton changes now appear in a “Auganized” folder under “Places”.
- Various improvements based on user feedback.
- Fixed: Unlocking plugins for users with a custom home directory.
- Fixed: Wrong popups for updated components when two versions of the same plugin exist.
- Fixed: A crash that could occur when quitting Auganizer.
- Fixed: 32Lives GUI’s in Auganizer (100% compatibility with 32Lives now).
- Fixed: “iLok not found” in Slate Digital VBC.
- Fixed: Missing GUIs (by adding, “copy back to system folder” feature).
- Fixed: Signed plugins are no longer touched or edited.
- Fixed: In testing, 100% compatibility with every plugin developer, there are currently no known problem plugins.
Auganizer for Mac is available for purchase for $34.99 USD.
More information: Auganizer
AudioThing has released ChromaKey in AU/VST plug-in and Kontakt formats.
Interface of the VST/AU plug-in version of ChromaKey.
ChromaKey is a collection of sounds ported to Kontakt and VST/AU plugin from AudioThing’s soundset for AAS Chromaphone. It features 60 patches divided in 6 categories: Keys, Pads, Plucked Strings, Sequences, Soundscapes, and Various.
Chromaphone physical modelling synthesis combines acoustic resonators to produce dynamic and expressive sounds. Despite the Chromaphone tagline “creative percussion synthesizer”, ChromaKey focuses entirely on hybrid and organic melodic sounds.
ChromaKey for Kontakt & VST/AU features
- 60 Instruments.
- 6 Categories.
- 616 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Format: Kontakt 4/5, VST, AU.
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
- Size: Kontakt 465 MB, VST/AU: MAC 430 MB / PC 285 MB.
The plugin/library is available for purchase for the introductory price of 9 EUR until April 28th, 2014 with coupon code 3YRS (regular price 12 EUR).
More information: AudioThing / ChromaKey
Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
Samplephonics has announced the release of the Leeds Town Hall Organ, a free virtual instrument sample library in collaboration with organist Dr Simon Lindley.
Simon crafted 6 versatile presets for us and we began the painstaking process of sampling this incredible feat of engineering. Over the next few months we spent many evenings in the town hall recording every single note with multiple round robins and over 10 second note recordings to capture the true sonic character of the organ. The repetitive nature of the task actually became quite hypnotic and a strange bond began to form between us, the organ, the building and the very spirit of the city of Leeds.
Everyone involved in the project worked long hours and for free, so we felt that it was only right to give away the fruits of our labour and hope that the spirit of this incredible instrument could spread throughout the world and help people to craft wonderful music that moves people to do good things.
Leeds Town Hall Organ features
- 3.2GB compressed content.
- Contains stereo wav organ note recordings and sampler instruments for Kontakt 5, Kontakt 4, Ableton Sampler, EXS24 and Reason NN-XT.
The library is a free download at Samplephonics.
More information: Samplephonics
Time+Space has announced that EZdrummer users can now pre-order their upgrade to the upcoming EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instrument by Toontrack.
From today you can get a step closer to adding EZdrummer 2 to your set-up as Toontrack launch pre-orders on the EZdrummer 2 Upgrade.
Buy the Upgrade now and you’ll receive your serial number straight away. Register it at toontrack.com and on May 6th, EZDrummer 2 will be in your account and ready for you download!
Plus, buy your Upgrade from Time+Space and they’ll send you Ask Video’s forthcoming EZdrummer 2 Explored tutorial video for free when it’s released in May!
The upgrade to EZdrummer 2 is available for pre-order at Time+Space, priced at SRP £57 GBP / 69 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / EZdrummer 2 Upgrade
The Drum Broker has launched the All Kit Bundle, a collection of all sample packs by MSXII Sound Design.
Everything from the fine folks at MSXII Sound Design!
- Every kit from MSXII…all rolled in one.
- Bonus, unreleased sounds.
- Over 25% savings on bundle vs. buying each kit individually.
- Royalty-free original compositions.
- Content includes The Unkempt Breaks, Rhodes and Vibes, Bars, Keys, & Anomalies, The Synth Immaculate 1 & 2, The Joe Deertay, and The Sammich Kit, and The Mutha-Plucka.
The bundle is available from the Drum Broker for $149.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / All Kit Bundle
Sonic Cat has launched Pop Synth, an 80s retro pop sound synthesizer for Native Instruments, featuring the sounds of the Roland JX-3P.
JX-3P is polyphonic synthesizer produced in 1983. But Pop Synth is a reinterpretation, not a restoration. Sonic Cat recorded all key ranges at 24-bit, and captured sound originality by sample looping.
Pop Synth is also an instrument for playback of the original JX-3P’s preset sounds. Pop Synth can play moods just like dual layers of JX-10 because it can make new sounds using the twin-engine system.
Pop Synth features
- 312 .NKI Kontakt instrument presets for Kontakt 5.3+.
- 1,951 samples.
- 24-bit / 44.1 kHz .NCW format samples.
- About 2.7 GB installed.
The Pop Synth is available to purchase for the introductory price of $35 USD until April 23rd, 2014 (regular $59 USD).
More information: Sonic Cat / Pop Synth