, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013
VST Buzz is offering a 50% discount on the Sampleholics Guitars sample library for Stylus RMX.
Sampleholics Guitars is an electric and acoustic guitar sample library (not loops) for Stylus RMX. The guitars sampled were a Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat, Schecter Blackjack, a Fender Jazz bass and an acoustic guitar. So why RMX and not Kontakt? Because the built in amps in Stylus RMX are way better!
Sampleholics Guitars has a range of articulations including sustain, palm mute, major/minor chords and effects with plenty of amp/effect combinations, so you don’t need to be a guitar expert to get a great tone and great sound. If you’re writing music for TV, or on a tight deadline, these guitars are perfect – oh and did we mention they’re only $19.50!”
Guitars for Styles RMX is available to purchase for $19.50 USD until December 17th, 2013 (regular $39 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
EastWest has announced the release of version 4.10 of its PLAY virtual instrument engine.
This is a significant update including our most requested feature, full background loading, that is recommended for all PLAY users, and is required for all upcoming releases.
Changes in PLAY v4.1.0
- Implemented full background loading.
- Added ability to move loading bar during project load.
- Added compatibility for Choirs Gold and Pianos Silver products.
- Added folder icon in browser view now denotes whether selection is a folder or an instrument.
- Fixed tempo sync and other issues with some WordBuilder patches.
- Improved text in load error messages.
- Fixed loading issues in VEPro.
- Fixed reverb menu not displaying correctly in some hosts.
- Fixed Choirs intermittent pitch issue when reopening project.
- Fixed interface flashing/crashing when switching to Player during load.
- Fixed mixer recall of channels on reopen.
- Fixed graphical glitches in envelopes.
- Fixed product launchers not opening in Apple Mavericks.
The PLAY Software update is available to download now at EastWest support.
More information: SoundsOnline (World) / SoundsOnline (Europe)
ADSR Sounds has introduced Vocal Element 01, a sample library by Ridium Sound.
What do you get when you run female vocals through a ton of FX, then slice, dice, edit, and carefully arrange them by hand?
Vocal Element 01, a collection of glitchy, energetic, rhythmic vocal loops.
Whether you are seeking that elusive missing element to spice up a near-finished track, or some inspiration for your next project, this sample collection has you covered.
It is like a circuit bent satellite intercepting alien interpretations of female vocal hooks from a distant galaxy.
Vocal Element 01 features
- 24 bit wav files.
- 31 Processed, chopped & edited vox loops.
- Tempo: 128, 140, and 172 bpm.
Vocal Element 01 is available from ADSR Sounds for $10 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Vocal Element 01
Rabbit Ears Audio has launched Typewriters, a sound fx sample library featuring a collection of sampled typewriters.
REA014 Typewriters features the sounds of the Smith Corona Classic 12, Smith Corona Sterling, Royal Companion, Olivetti Lettera 22, Remington Standard Model 10, Royal Standard Model 10, and the Woodstock Standard Manual.
On its face, REA_014 is a diverse collection of typewriters spanning over 80 years of mechanical innovation, from the turn of the century to the mid-1970s.
The seven typewriters provide source material to cover most of your secretarial needs. In addition to the library’s obvious usage, there are endless mechanical possibilities.
Recorded at 192kHz, each sound is ideally suited to exploit pitch shifting. Play these machines at half speed and feel the heft of real craftsmanship: the torque and thud of the hammer’s blow, the carriage return’s zipper-like windup.
The sound library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $50 USD (regular $70 USD).
More information: Rabbit Ears Audio / Typewriters
, Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013
Applied Acoustics Systems has released version 1.0.6 of its Chromaphone creative percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Chromaphone combines acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, string, and synth-like instruments. Membranes, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and tubes form pairs that get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise source. The resonators’ material, tuning, and coupling parameters allow the creation of a wide range of instruments and sonic colors. Whether real, innovative, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Changes in Chromaphone v1.0.6
- Pro Tools 10, 11 AAX Native plug-in support.
- Cubase 5 (circa 2009) or earlier support.
- Scrolling with some non-Apple mice.
- MIDI control change assignments to handle messages with MSB and LSB data.
- Drawing problem when using VST in Orion.
- Stereo output when using VST in Acid Pro.
- This installer can simply be run over your current installation to perform the update.
- This installer is a full installer so you can use it as a starting point if you need to reinstall from scratch in the future.
Chromaphone for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is currently available to purchase for $99.50 USD as part of AAS’s Holiday Sales (regular $199 USD).
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems / Chromaphone