BeepStreet has released a Mac AU version of Sunrizer, the subtractive synth that first debuted on iPad.
Sunrizer is built upon a familiar subtractive synth design – but with a distinct character and a host of unique features. It starts with two oscillators and two sub-oscillators that deliver all of the basic waveforms and a perfect emulation of JP-8000 “supersaw”, with pulse width, frequency and ring modulation plus a lush unison mode.
The oscillators are fed into two powerful filters with serial or parallel routing, offering traditional low-, high- and band-pass modes as well as comb, resonator, waveshaper, and frequency shifter algorithms – and more. To set all this in motion, Sunrizer has two ADSR envelopes and two LFO generators that can modulate virtually any parameter.
- Bespoke synth engine with 24 voice polyphony and very low processor load.
- Two oscillators with multiple waveform types, hard-sync, pulse width modulation.
- Oscillator mixer with ring modulator and separate noise source.
- Per-oscillator unison function with variable detune and spread.
- Two separate filter units with serial or parallel operation and 16 different algorithms each: low-, high- and band-pass, notch, comb, formant I/II, all-pass, power low- and band-pass, waveshaper, resonator, resampler, low-pass + resampler, frequency shifter, analog low-pass.
- Two ADSR envelope generators.
- Two LFO generators with sine, triangle, saw, square, sample & hold and random
- waveforms; variable phase, fade-in time and different trigger modes.
- Master effects including chorus, phaser, rotor, EQ, delay and reverb.
- Arpeggiator with deep sequencing capabilities.
- Chord memory function.
- A-B parameter morph feature: essentially two synth patches in one.
- Factory sound bank with over 400 preset patches; full patch compatibility with the iPad version.
Sunrizer for Mac (AU) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $50 USD/45 EUR + VAT in EU (regular $80 USD).
More information: BeepStreet
Sonarworks has launched Reference 3, a studio calibration software for Windows and Mac.
After 3 years and 1M USD spent on development, Sonarworks has just released their newest speaker calibration software for sound studio professionals and home recording enthusiasts. Currently the most accurate speaker and room calibration software on the market, Sonarworks Reference 3 empowers studio pros of every caliber to achieve reference sound at an affordable price point.
Reference 3 is packed with unique and patent-pending technologies as well as automation that enables anyone to do the complete studio calibration process with a visual step-by-step workflow in less than 15 minutes. Reference 3 utilizes a proprietary Perceived Acoustic Power Frequency Response (PAPFR) technology that measures and analyzes sound the way humans actually hear it. During the measurement process, the software automatically detects the microphone position in the room, making the process much easier and the results more consistent. The processing plugin has a filter engine that is specifically designed for audio calibration in a studio setting with a choice of linear, mixed, and minimum phase filters to suit the task at hand.
The Reference 3 measurement software is currently available for Mac for 269 EUR/$345 USD, bundled version with a custom calibrated measurement microphone. A download only license is 229 EUR/$299 USD.
Windows PC users can use version 2.2, which will be upgraded free of charge to 3.0 in Spring 2015. The DAW plug-in is available for both Mac OS X and Windows.
More information: Sonarworks
Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v8.0 for UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo audio interfaces.
UAD Software v8.0 includes Apollo Expanded, allowing users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces to freely combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows.
Apollo Expanded also marks the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options with more than 25 new user-requested features. Console 2.0 will also be coming to Apollo FireWire interfaces (Mac and Windows) in Fall 2015.
Apollo Expanded features
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac).
- Simple Thunderbolt cable cascading between units.
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system.
- New Console 2.0 — High-resolution 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos with over 25 new user-requested features.
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs.
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos.
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity.
UAD Software v8.0 also adds Mac OS X Yosemite compatibility and all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.
Sound Machine® Wood Works® Plug-In — $299 USD
- Record your acoustic guitar direct, in real time with microphone quality sound using Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD.
- Provides the rich resonance and vibrancy missing from unprocessed acoustic guitar pickups.
- No time-consuming setup; provides consistent premium sound every time you monitor or record acoustic guitar.
- Freedom to re-mic as you mix, changing and adding microphones as needed to fit your production.
UA Distortion Essentials Plug-In Bundle — $249 USD
- Features the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 (also sold separately for $129), Raw Distortion™ (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda Triangle (based on the early 70s-era Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins*.
- Harnesses Unison™ technology to precisely emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes.
Friedman Amplifiers Plug-In Collection by Brainworx — $249 USD
- Faithful emulation of two modern boutique amps inspired by classic British tube amps, designed by legendary amp guru David Friedman.
- FX Rack features lo-fi delay, noise gate, and filter controls.
- 66 impulse responses for each amp, with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear.
- Re-amp less than perfect DI guitar tracks, previously recorded with other guitar amp simulations.
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces.
More information: Universal Audio / UAD Software v8.0
Reveal Sound has released EDM Essentials Big & Bangin for Spire, a soundset by Mainroom Warehouse for the Spire synthesizer.
EDM Essentials Big & Bangin features
- 128 named presets: 40 basses, 40 leads, 34 plucks, 10 pads, 4 fx.
- Includes SPF individual presets.
- All MIDI from the demos is included.
- 100% royalty free.
The soundset is available for purchase for 14 EUR/$16 USD. Requires Spire v1.0.18 or higher.
More information: Reveal Sound / EDM Essentials Big & Bangin for Spire
Prime Loops has launched Total Dubstep Vol 3, a new collection of 54 dubstep presets by Total Samples for the Massive synthesizer instrument by Native Instruments.
We’re really excited to bring you this new addition to the powerful Total Massive Presets series with the next volume of insanely intense and extremely versatile sounds, crafted with an amazing degree of attention.
Anyone looking for the sound of Skrillex, Zomboy, MUST DIE!, Datsik, Excision, Kill The Noise, Doctor P, Getter and more need look no further as everything you need to get that signature sound is included right here!
The soundset is available for purchase for £15.95 GBP.
More information: Prime Loops / Total Dubstep Vol 3
Flo Audio has announced the release of Rooms, a collection of 50 original room reverbs in Impulse Response form. My main objective with Rooms was to make a reverb out of nothing. Without ripping an … read more
Precisionsound has announced the release of Classroom Pumporgan, a virtual organ instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt and Logic EXS24. The Classroom Pump Organ was made around 1880 and uses air pressure to blow its … read more
Applied Acoustics Systems has announced the release of Raw, a sound bank for the Ultra Analog VA-2 synthesizer and AAS Player plug-ins in collaboration with artist and sound designer Andre Ettema. From subtle warmth to … read more
Musicrow has announced the release of Hot Chilli, a new soundset for the Massive synthesizer instrument by Native Instruments. Hot Chilli is a collection of 50 scorching distorted sounds for NI Massive, and the first … read more
Bela D Media has announced a limited time sale on DIVA Revamp, a vocal library for Native Instruments Kontakt. DIVA Classical Female Soloists (2003), now DIVA Revamp, has been well received by professional and casual … read more
123Creative has launched a limited time sale, offering up to 50% off on all guitar plug-ins, effects, stompboxes and combos. 123creative.com has launched March Sale 2015. The time-limited Special Discounts 35 – 50% off are … read more
Steinberg has announced that its VST Connect Pro 3 remote recording software solution is now available. VST Connect Pro allows producers and performers to collaborate together regardless of location. Multi-track recordings can be streamed directly … read more
Wavesfactory has launched a sale, offering 20% off its products in celebration of its 5th anniversary. It’s our 5th anniversary! 49 sample libraries + TrackSpacer for a fraction of the price for 3 days only. … read more
Zenhiser has announced the release of Vital: Trance Kicks, a collection of 300 sonically perfect kick drums for Trance, EDM & Progressive House. It’s time for our Vital series to get it’s hooks into the … read more
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.20 of Spire, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled … read more
Singomakers has launched NI Maschine Trap, a collection of 28 Trap kits for Native Instruments Maschine 2. In detail expect to find 28 Kits, including 10 Maschine Projects, 6 groups with Trap Kicks & Snares, … read more
Producertech has introduced Remixing Techniques in Ableton Live by Rob Jones, a new video tutorial on remixing in Ableton Live. From Producertech Course Director Rob Jones comes this comprehensive course, which will take you through … read more
Push Button Bang has launched Deep Futurist, a soundset for the Massive synthesizer instrument. Take a trip to the deep side of Massive with “Deep Futurist”, the perfect pack to fuel your sonic excursions into … read more
Niche Audio has released Planet 808, a sampled, edited, and processed TR808 expansion pack that has been deeply processed for Maschine 2 and Ableton Live. Planet 808 is much more than a drum sample pack. … read more
ADSR Sounds has launched Future/Deep House, a soundset by Echo Sound Works featuring 115 presets for the Massive synthesizer from Native Instruments. Future/Deep House from the top selling ADSR label Echo Sound Works is back … read more