AirRaid Audio has released the Pandemic multiband autopan and Mutagen multiband distortion Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason.
Pandemic is a wholly unorthodox multiband autopan.
It features 3 bands, each one complete with a panner, stereo spreader, phase and spin controls, and an innovative modulation section which can generate anything from subtle, organic variations to creative, controlled chaos. This unique combination of features makes Pandemic a veritable panacea for lifeless tracks.
With Pandemic, get ready to unleash pandemonium.
Mutagen is a unique take on the multiband distortion concept.
It features 3 bands, 15 powerful distortion algorithms—from classic low-fi effects to custom-designed audio manglers—and an innovative Stereo Mix section, which allows you to isolate not only specific frequencies, but also specific ranges within the stereo field.
This gives you a microscopic level of precision with which to mutate your sound.
The Rack Extensions are available to purchase for $39 USD / 32 EUR each.
More information: AirRaid Audio
Red Ochsenbein has launched Modern Metal Drums 1, a collection of 58 hard hitting MIDI drum performances.
Modern Metal Drums 1 is a collection of 58 midi performances for Addictive Drums. Created during the production of Modern Metal Riffs 1 this is the perfect companion. Load the loops, and tweak it to your needs.
The collection contains 58 midi loops for Addictive Drums (or any drum library compatible to the AD mapping, including Steven Slate Drums, NI Studio Drummer, etc.), BFD or Toontracks Superior/EzDrummer categorized into 6 songs.
Because of the nature of midi files they are highly customizeable and can even work with other instruments than Addictive Drums.
The MIDI pack is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Red Ochsenbein / Modern Metal Drums 1
HoRNet Plug-Ins has released SW34EQ, an analog modeled equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SW34EQ is an equalizer coming straight from the 80s. It’s the digital version of the EQ found in an American console and it features the typical analog EQ sound and controls.
This plug-in is specifically modeled after one channel of this console used in the main room of Virus Studio in Siena, Italy. This EQ is very smooth and gentle, both in the EQ shapes (bells and shelves) and it’s almost perfect for general tone shaping, especially the low shelf gives weight to the sound without pumping it too much.
You also get an high-pass filter at 40Hz with 18dB/oct slope that can be activated even if the rest of the EQ is not.
- 4 band equalizer.
- high and low shelf filters.
- 2 parametric filters with three different Q.
- low cut filter at 40Hz with 18/dB octave slope.
- analog emulation with saturation and hiss.
- Mac OS X (>=10.5 Intel) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and RTAS format.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 17.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / SW34EQ
Nexus Republic has announced Zen Electro, a soundset featuring 64 sounds for the Nexus 2 virtual instrument by reFX.
Nexus Republic has released Zen Electro, a sound expansion of 64 new sounds for the reFX Nexus 2 synthesizer aimed for modern dance music with mellow and melodic edge.
No doubt pumping basslines and fidgety leads is what are driving the dancefloor, but sometimes you just want to kick back and enjoy yourself on a fluffy cloud of mellowness. That’s what Zen Electro is about. Mellow plucks, leads, pad, and basses.
Zen Electro is a collection that is only using the Nexus 2 factory waveforms. No expansions are required.
The soundset is available to purchase for 6.90 EUR.
More information: Nexus Republic / Zen Electro
LVC-Audio has released public beta version 1.0.1 of its PreAMPed audio plugin that recreates many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers.
The purpose of the release is to ensure that as many bugs are fixed before releasing the final version of 1.0.1.
The beta release contains many new features, as well as numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Changes in PreAMPed v1.0.1 beta
- Added bypass buttons for preamp, saturation, EQs, and stereo controls.
- Added 2x, 4x, and 6x oversampling with linear-phase filtering and latency compensation for mix control.
- Added A->B comparison ability to each knob (double-click will return the knob to the previous value, and right-clicking a knob will set a new previous value).
- Made demo bypass less annoying (shorter duration of bypassed sound, and longer intervals between bypassed sound).
- Improved waveform display.
- Fixed VST3 format error.
- Fixed Clip LED from remaining stuck on when knob was adjusted.
- Fixed overlapping text (increased GUI size).
- Improved preamp buttons.
- Improved knob position indicators on small knobs.
PreAMPed for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $47.70 USD. The demo version of the public beta is also available to download.
LVC-Audio is offering a chance to win a free license of PreAMPed to those who are willing to test the beta release.
If you find a bug or have a suggestion, please submit a quick message using the following beta contact form. If you don’t find a bug, just have a suggestion, or want to enter to win a free plugin, you can use the same beta contact form.
LVC-Audio will select several names from the list to receive free licenses of PreAMPed. Although any bug submission or suggestion is welcome, multiple entries will not increase the odds of winning a free license (i.e., one entry per person). Licenses will be awarded shortly after January 1.
More information: LVC-Audio / PreAMPed beta
WaveDNA and Livid Instruments have joined forces and paired WaveDNA’s cutting edge beat generation software, Liquid Rhythm, with Livid’s touch sensitive MIDI controller, Base.
Livid’s Base combines the technology of a drum machine and a touch screen with an array of pressure sensitive buttons and sliders to control Liquid Rhythm’s beat creation features to quickly access quadrillions of rhythmic pattern variations
WaveDNA has created a demonstration to show this powerful method of building drum tracks. Watch the video for more information on Base and Liquid Rhythm’s integration.
The Liquid Rhythm and Base bundle is available to purchase for $449 USD (save $129 USD off the recommended retail price of $558 USD).
More information: WaveDNA
Code Diggers has launched DQ, a band dynamics Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
DQ is a band dynamic processor for vocal de-essing, drum punch reduction or accentuation, sidechain bass reduction and generic surgical band compression and expanding for creative and mixing purposes.
- Compression and expanding modes.
- Steep 96 db/oct filters for precise detection range selection.
- Configurable up to 20 ms lookahead time for sharp transient handling.
- Sidechain input (with passthru output for convenience).
- Intuitive preview modes.
- Detector cv output and processor cv input for use with other devices.
- 64-bit internal processing and optional 2x oversampling.
The DQ Rack Extension costs 35 EUR.
More information: Code Diggers DQ
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced a giveaway of Nemesis, the new NeoFM synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
After a very successful Nemesis launch we now have an exciting give away where you can win a Nemesis license.
On the 10th of January 2014 we’ll pick two lucky winners who will receive a free Nemesis license.
- Download the Nemesis demo from our website: http://tone2.com/
- Pick your three favorite presets.
- Go to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Tone2Audiosoftware – If you want, be sure to Like us!
- Post the names of your 3 favorite Nemesis patches inside of the Nemesis give away post.
More information: Tone2 / Nemesis