Steinberg has released Nuendo 6.5, the latest version of its post and audio production software which includes a significant amount of professional tools and functionality, such as enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a vastly improved Automatic Dialog Replacement (ADR) taker system.
The optional Nuendo Expansion Pack (NEK) also receives a 6.5 update that complements Nuendo’s comprehensive tool set with many features earlier introduced to Cubase 7.5.
“If I had to single out one feature in this latest point update, I would choose our ADR taker system which has undergone refinements that add to its reliability and expand the possibilities for recording voice and foley,” commented Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Fredo Gevaert, owner of Temple of Tune, one of Belgium’s leading post-production studios, adds: “Here at Temple of Tune we’re madly in love with the ADR toolset improvements, which we’ve secretly been using for foley recording, too. The track destinations and event naming are massive time savers.”
Nuendo 6.5 features
- Automated loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings.
- Professional bass management including several routing and filter options coming with the new Bass Manager plug-in.
- ADR Taker 2.0 introduces a major update of Nuendo’s ADR taker system with enhancements for voice and foley recording such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming schemes and pre-record buffer.
- Nuendo TrackVersions allows for creating, renaming and managing parallel versions of the same track plus many additional features far beyond conventional playlists.
- Track visibility management speeds up handling especially of large projects by offering dynamic displaying of audio tracks and groups in the project window.
- Improved AAF Filter now supports even better import/export to Pro Tools and Media Composer.
- New monitoring and metering section for better source management and better overview on the most frequently used functions.
- Experience a richer sound with REVelation reverb and Magneto 2, a warm and smooth tape saturation plug-in.
- Track Quick Controls can now be saved as presets and loaded for immediate access.
- Steinberg Hub with direct access to user-defined folders and news section for the latest Nuendo product updates.
Nuendo 6.5 is available for MSRP 1,699 EUR. The Nuendo Expansion Kit 6.5 is 249 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Nuendo
ADSR Sounds has introduced Drop.1, a soundset by Tripper Phoenix for the Massive synthesizer instrument from Native Instruments.
DROP.1 is a sound pack made specifically for the big room genre.
All sounds are inspired from producers such as; Hardwell, Tommy Trash, W&W, Nicky Romero, Tiesto, and many more. From loud banging basses to soft lush leads and tons more!
- 60 patches for NI Massive.
- Includes 20 Basses, 19 Leads, 5 Arps, 5 Plucks, 5 Pads, 5 SFX.
- Available in KSD & NMSV Format.
The soundset is available for purchase for $18 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Drop.1
Novation has updated the LaunchPad App to version 1.6.1, which now supports iPhone.
We’ve just updated Launchpad app so it works on iPhone too! Now you can easily make and remix beats and electronic music directly on your iPhone, then record and share your performances online.
Launch up to eight loops at a time using a special 8×6 version of the Launchpad grid. Experiment with ready-to-perform sessions from a variety of genres, download new Launchpacks to expand your collection, or make custom sessions with your own sounds on iPad.
Built-in time stretching and synchronisation keep your loops locked in time, whilst you use volume sliders and filters to control your mix on iPad, and dynamic filter, gater, stutter and delay FX on iPhone.
LaunchPad App features
- Create and remix electronic music by combining loops and sounds from a huge catalogue of free, world-class Loopmasters content.
- Perform a unique set with powerful, dynamic DJ effects.
- Record and share your performances with your friends.
- Download cutting-edge soundpacks to inspire new creations.
- Create unique tracks by importing your own sounds (iPad only).
- Connect the app to your Novation Launchpad hardware for ultimate tactile control (iPad only).
The app is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: Novation / LaunchPad App
Massive Battle has launched with Phassive, a collection of Dirty Bass presets for the Massive synthesizer instrument by Native Instruments.
A MiniPack of 17 Massive Presets for all your amateur or commercial productions.
Enjoy the Phat sounds Massive is capable of.
The pack is available for purchase for $6 USD.
Massive Battle has also released Free Massive Presets Pack #1, featuring 30 presets ranging from Bass, Bass Lines, Sound Effects, Pads, Soundscapes and Sequences.
More information: Massive Battle
Diginoiz has released Crazy Arps 2 and Massive Big Room Sounds, two new sound packs.
Diginoiz is proud to present the second part of the probably best arpegiator pack ever! Crazy Arps 2! Great vibe, incredible hardware sound, extremely melodic, prepared with attention to details!
You will find there 52 synthesizer arp sounds in Trap / South style ready to be an inspiration for Your music! Over 300 Mb multiformat material, definitely a must have in music production!
One of the best VST synthesizer ever, plus one of the most popular genre in the last few months! All of this in one Diginoiz product! Massive Big Room Sounds!
Incredible, great sounding, made with passion and what’s most important, taking all the current trends into account, by a professional sound designer with over 10 years of experience.
You will find here 64 perfect, Big Room, Massive Sounds ready to be imported to Your favorite NI vst Massive instrument. Basses, Chords, Leads, plucks and Drum Sounds just waiting for Your creativity!
The packs are available for purchase for 20 EUR each.
More information: Diginoiz
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes.
POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm sequencer, arpeggio builder, cc and parameter automator and mathematical geek.
build polyrhythmic (counterpoint, polymetric etc) patterns, use them (live) as arpeggiators and/or to sequence drums, CCs, parameters of your live etc. run sequences sinusodial, trigger one sequence with another, have 23 steps run in the same time as 5 others do, skip steps, randomize parameters and alot more. give the long video a chance.
The device is a free download (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial)
More information: Polyrhythmus
Plugin Boutique has released version 1.5.0 of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It’s got the same great kick drums, but with more creative options, bug fixes and better performance. And with a clearer GUI.
Changes in KickDrum v1.5.0
- You can play the pitch of the kick drum with your MIDI keyboard.
- Vastly extended hold and decay times and a great new envelope shape for those really long kicks and booms.
- Drag and drop import for attack samples. Drag sounds straight from your track into onto the Load Sample button – it’s very quick and easy!
- New (much warmer) distortion and waveforms for more creative and aggressive sounds.
- Hyper-clean trance drum kicks with the new tough kick drum model.
- Massively improved preset handling, including folder creation, renaming, easier preset browsing, preset-pack creation tools and much more.
- Presets sit right in the mix more quickly with the new built in EQ. Or, if you want, leap out and smack you in the face with the punch control.
BigKick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for £39.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
Samuel Verburg has launched a Kickstarter project for the Tuna Knobs, attachable knobs made to control (music) apps on touchscreen devices.
Tuna knobs are control knobs that stick to any touchscreen and let you control DJ and music making apps like you would with dedicated music hardware.
Tuna Knobs are designed to give you the tactile precision you need when making music, while giving you the versatility of mobile applications.
The project has already reached its 12,500 EUR funding target. Backers can still get a good deal on Tuna Knobs with various pledge tiers available. The project will be funded on August 8th, 2014.
More information: Tuna Knobs