Soundiron has released Iron Pack 01, the first in a new micro-library series.
These small yet complete instruments are designed to be affordable and accessible to everyone. We’ll be releasing new Iron Packs regularly, but each one will only be available for a very limited time, exclusively at soundiron.com. This first edition explores manipulated and atmospheric piano sounds, with a dozen excellent presets – all for under $2!
Iron Pack 01 features ten creative sustained and tuned percussion presets that we hand-crafted by heavily manipulating and warping acoustic grand piano sounds. These sounds are perfect for orchestration and sound design. We’ve also included an ultra-low memory acoustic grand piano patch drawn from our famed Emotional Piano. It gives you just a tiny, yet absolutely playable preview of that classic grand piano library.
We include standard open format presets for the full retail version of Kontakt 4 or later, as well as universal open source SFZ presets, for users who don’t own the full version of Kontakt yet. The SFZ presets can be used in the free Sforzando Player by Plogue, as a VST, AU, RTAS, AAX and stand-alone engine, just like Kontakt. It can also be used in the free Alchemy Player by Camel Audio! The SFZ presets offer many of the same core control features and playability, in a basic easy-to-use interface, with equally excellent sound quality.
Iron Pack 01 is available for purchase for $1.99 USD, until May 1st, 2014.
More information: Soundiron / Iron Pack 01
Arturia has announced the availability of its BeatStep portable pad controller.
Chameleon-like in its many control options, BeatStep is designed to work with DAWs, loop triggering software, VST instruments or effects, MIDI hardware, or even CV/Gate-equipped analogue instruments like Arturia’s own award-winning MiniBrute Analog Synthesizer or other manufacturers’ models — vintage classics or more modern contemporaries alike.
Try triggering audio clips within powerful, flexible software environments such as Ableton Live or playing drum parts in conjunction with the likes of FXpansion BFD or Toontrack EZdrummer… it’s as easy as exercising your trigger fingers!
- MIDI controller Mode – RED LED MODE.
- Step Sequencer mode – BLUE LED MODE.
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- 16 encoders.
- 16 MIDI Controller presets.
- 16 Sequence presets.
- Works with MIDI Control Center Editor.
- Internal and External clocking.
- CV outputs.
- USB I/O.
- MIDI output.
- iPAD compatibility (using camera connection kit).
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC.
- Kensington Lock.
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adaptor.
- USB Class compliant (no drivers).
BeatStep is available to purchase for 99 EUR/$129 USD (MSRP).
More information: Arturia / BeatStep
Tunecraft has released Ethereal Chords Progressions Vol.1, a sound pack featuring 20 stunning chords progressions and heart-wrenching phrases in both WAV and MIDI formats.
From Chillout to Dubstep, Trance or Deep House, this inspirational pack gives you as much flexibility as possible to fit any kind of production.
You can expect to find 540MB of original material containing 40 MIDI files and 160 stunning WAV loops featuring 4 to 12 bars phrases with variations of textures sorted in 8 groups: All loops featured in the demo are included in the pack as well.
Finally you’ll find 5 different presets for NI Massive as a bonus to fire up in your project and start producing!
The soundset is available from ADSR Sounds for $15 USD.
More information: ADSR / Ethereal Chords Progressions Vol.1
Tek’it Audio has launched Comp, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
Comp is a modern compressor that provides powerful visual tools to help you better understand and visualize the dynamics applied to your sound.
- Real time visualization.
- RMS and Peak compression.
- Soft and Hard knee.
- Attack range from 0.01ms to 0.9s.
- Ratio up to 30:1.
- Wet/Dry mix for parallel compression.
- Input, Ouput, Gain reduction readouts and VU.
- Scope visualization from sample sync to 200ms window.
- Zero Latency.
- Full MIDI automation support.
- Easy MIDI learn on all parameters.
- Use 7-bit MIDI Continuous Controller or High resolution 14-bit MIDI NRPN and RPN.
- Integrated Preset manager, rename, copy, save, load…
Comp for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 29 EUR/$39 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Comp
Particular-Sound has launched Xenox Basslines Vol.1, a soundset for the TAL-Bassline-101 bass synthesizer by Togu Audio Line.
Togu Audio Line’s (TAL) monophonoc bass synthesizer “Bassline 101″ is one of these powerful synthesizer, we made new sequences and sounds using the onboard modulations and step sequencer to give you new, powerful sounds and sequences for your next track.
If you’re making deep house, electro house, techno or just simply bass music, this set is made for YOU!
Xenox Basslines Vol.1 features
- 50 new sounds (+ variations)
- 50 new sequences (+ variations)
The soundset is available for the introductory price of 5 EUR until May 31st, 2014 (regular 9.95 EUR).
More information: Particular-Sound / Xenox Basslines Vol.1
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.2 of PatchWork and version 2.2 of MB-7 Mixer, a new version of its audio plug-ins that can host third party VST plug-ins.
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.2, Blue Cat Audio has added flexible MIDI routing capabilities to its “universal plug-ins patchbay”: it is now possible to connect hosted plug-ins together or with the host application to send and receive MIDI messages.
For both plug-ins, this new version also brings the ability to rename plug-ins instances, as well as several performance and compatibility improvements (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.2
- MIDI Routing: custom MIDI routes can be created to connect plug-ins together and with the host application, to send and receive MIDI messages.
- Mono to stereo processing: the plug-in can now be used as a mono to stereo plug-in and process mono tracks with stereo effects in hosts that support it.
- The “Parameters Map” menu item is now checked when a parameter is mapped.
Changes in PatchWork v1.2 & MB-7 Mixer v2.2
- Plug-in instance Renaming: it is now possible to give a name to each instance of a plug-in.
- Improved performance of undo tracking when loading presets for plug-ins with many parameters.
- Improved performance when changing the size of the plug-in user interface.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in many host applications when sub plug-ins editors are opened (except 32-bit applications on Mac).
- Fixed compatibility issue with Pro Tools 9 on Mac (random crashes).
- Fixing crashes with some plug-ins requesting information while being opened.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork: 59 EUR/$79 USD, MB-7 Mixer is 99 EUR/$129 USD. The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
ADSR Sounds has launched Phat Stabs, a collection of 28 Absynth presets by Talou Sound.
This Preset pack contains 28 Phat Presets with one main goal; to go really insane and loud.
In addition to that you get cool FX Presets, some Absynth Side Chain Presets and 50 stereo samples for your Absynth sample library.
The audio preview ‘ Talou Sound – Phat Stabs ‘ is fully produced with Absynth. This means all sounds, drums, reverbs and filter sweeps where made entirely inside the synthesizer, no other fx where used. What you hear is what you get!
The high quality synthesis and sound design involved in making this Preset pack ensures multiple uses.
The soundset costs $18 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Phat Stabs
Dark Side of the Tune has released White Trash, a free sample pack featuring sounds made from white noise.
Mangled white noise is the source for Dark Side of the Tune’s latest free library White Trash. Modular synthesis techniques were abused to create intense sound effects and percussion.
To add even more depth, spring reverb was added.
All 50 sounds are offered in 16 and 24 bit resolution, 44.1kHz wave files.
The download is free from the Dark Side of the Tune SoundCloud page.
More information: Dark Side of the Tune / White Trash