Dmitry Sches has released version 1.30 of Diversion, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This time the update is not huge, but quite interesting. The update is all about samples. Diversion can play samples and do granular synthesis, though there is no support for AIFF and multisamples, for now just WAV.
In order to make fun from all of this, there is record button added to Diversion. Now you can click record button, play MIDI and record output audio. In a single menu click you can insert the recorded sample back into oscillator and continue over again.
Apart from samples, there are lots of minor fixes for GUI and stability both for Mac and Win.
Changes in Diversion v1.30
- Added sample playback support, including granular synthesis.
- Added output audio recording feature.
- Many minor stability fixes.
Diversion for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase at a discounted price of $89 USD (regular $169 USD) until January 15th, 2014.
More information: Dmirty Sches / Diversion
Crypto Cipher has launched Voices of Ragas Vol 1, a Kontakt library featuring ancient Indian ragas.
This library includes many variety of ragas with diverse emotional moods. Voices of Ragas Vol-1 Covers “words based phrases” as well “Aahs!/Aalaps” which don’t have any words in them. ”Aahs!/Aalaps” have Speed Control feature and “words based phrases” have tempo sync feature.
The uniqueness of this library is that we have provided Kid Voice and Young Voice of the same vocalist Alish Mohan. Alish Mohan is trained vocalist under Banaras Gharana and has a very unique voice.
Voices of Ragas Vol 1 features
- North Indian Hindustani Classical Style Raga Library.
- Three Patches (Innocence of Raga Voice, Young Voice of Raga, Young Voice of Raga Aalaps).
- Kid and Young male Raga Voices of same Vocalist.
- Covered Aalaps / Aahs!, Phrases, Sargam and Taans.
- Ragas Covered in Kids Voice: BhimPilasi, Bihag, Desh, Durga, God Sarang, Jai Jai Vanti, Jaunpuri, Kalingda, Lalit, Maru Bihag, Multani, Parmeshwari, Patdeep, Purvi, Tilak Kamod.
- Ragas Covered in Young Voice: Darbari, Jog, Marwah, Multani, Puriya Dhanashri, Shankra, Basant, Patdeep, Todi, Yaman, Ramkali.
- Young Voices Patch will go well with C# Drone and Kid Voices Patch will go with G Drone.
- Custom Script for Voices of Ragas.
- Pink Keyswitch for Selecting Ragas, Green Keyswitch to select Vocal Style of that Raga, Blue zones have Samples.
- Pitch wheel Control the speed of phrases in Aalaps/Aahs. “Words based Phrases have Tempo sync feature.
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 KHz/ 24 bit Format.
- Wave Files are kept unlocked.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $59 USD until January 7th, 2014 (regular $79 USD). All other Crypto Cipher products are 50% off until January 7th.
More information: Crypto Cipher / Voices of Ragas Vol 1
Wavesfactory has announced the release of Guzheng, a virtual guzheng instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Guzheng is a Chinese plucked zither, ancestor of several Asian instruments such as the Japanese koto, the Mongolian Yatga and the Korean gayageum. It has 21 strings and movable bridges.
- 5 articulations: fingers, pick, stick, bow and ebow.
- Up to 4x round robin and 4 velocity layers.
- Scripted realistic tremolo effect, control its velocity and intensity naturally and musically.
- Pitch wheel affects to the last played note without affecting the rest, like in the real instrument when players press the string on the other side of the bridge to make pitch bend and vibrato.
- 2.29 GB installed (Stereo WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit).
The library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / Guzheng
Glitchmachines has announced its Holiday Sale, offering a 30% discount on its products for a limited time.
Happy Holidays from Glitchmachines!
We’ve had a fantastic 2013 and want to thank you for your ongoing support.
From now through January 1, Save 30% on all purchases in your cart (excludes Polygon).
Use coupon code: GMHOLIDAY2013
We wish you a safe and happy Holiday season and we look forward to revealing lots of exciting products planned for 2014.
More information: Glitchmachines
Goldbaby has launched DFS Blue, a virtual synthesizer instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt and Logic EXS-24.
Goldbaby is a huge fan of hybrid analog/digital synths. This pack was lovingly sampled from some of these amazing instruments: PPG Wave 2.2, DSI Prophet 12, Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K3m, Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1 and the Oto Biscuit (Der Oto). 1.5 GB of samples lovingly recorded through high end studio equipment.
The EXS24 version has plenty of patches and these patches can be edited further using EXS-24 extensive synth like controls.
The Kontakt version has a very useful GUI with plenty of synth controls to customize the sounds and also has a great little sequencer!
DFS Blue features
- 264 patches for EXS-24 / Kontakt 5.
- 2021 wav samples (24 bit, 1.5 GB).
- Kontakt version includes custom GUI with synth controls & sequencer.
- Requires Logic Pro 9.1 or higher, Kontakt 5 full version.
The sample library is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Goldbaby / DFS Blue