DRZHNN has released Zebra Redux, a skin pack for the Zebra synthesizer instrument from u-he.
I’ve been working on this project for about two month now, so I’m very excited to finally share it with you guys.
Zebra Redux is a skin pack for Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev made primarily with sound designer workflow in mind. Initially I built it to reflect my own needs but I’m sure some of you guys will enjoy it too. So here it is.
Zebra Redux features
- Default window size is bigger now (914×914 px).
- Removed lower pane. All its features now reappear in form of modules.
- Renamed Perform, Synthesis and Patches tabs to XY, SYNTH and LIB respectively.
- XY pads and FX Grid are now part of a central pane and accessible from both SYNTH and LIB tabs.
- Moved assignable XY controls from lower pane to XY tab. Now all XY pad related parameters are in one place.
- Added new OSCs tab with 4 full-size OSC editors in one place for fast and easy editing, copying and pasting.
- Added new MSEGs tab with 4 full-size MSEG editors in one place.
- Moved global patch settings from lower pane to generators pane for easy access.
- Changed label color of all definable controls (…) to red.
- All menus that have only two items will now iterate through those items (when clicking) without opening the popup menu. Menu is still accessible via right click.
- OSC module now has waveform editor, waveform selector, preset manager and a subpanel with key and velocity scale editors.
- Noise, XMF and Comb modules now feature local XY pads for controlling two predefined (by me) parameters.
- FMO module now has subpanel with key and velocity scale editors. FM waveform is represented by an authentic waveform icon.
- Changed some important menus and switches to graphical icons. Some of them somehow reflect the reality, others are abstract and probably will change in the future.
- Arp, ArpMod, Modulation Matrix and MSEGs are now modules in modulators pane. ArpMods and MSEGs modules are hidden if not in use.
- Added new EXTRA tab (empty for now).
- Zebrify: Envelope Follower and Pitch Detector modules are now part of modulators pane and have big sliders combined with indicators for easy tuning.
- ZRev: changed T and AP knobs to sliders.
The pack is a free download from KVR Audio and DRZHNN.
More information: DRZHNN / Zebra Redux
NM Labs has released Alphabeat, a free step sequencer instrument for Mac.
Alphabeat is a 16-step sequencer with built in samples ready to use, and customizable with your own samples – WAVE/AIFF/MP3 file types.
Built-in Frequency filter, Reverb, Delay and Compressors with DSP Scripting from Software Designer and MAX/MSP contributor.
The Rewire should be OK, but there’s been an issue with several DAWs. Although the standalone mode would give you satisfaction.
Alphabeat was created for KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: NM Labs
Samplephonics has launched Soulful Brass Constructions, a hand picked selection of soulful brass loops.
Soulful Brass Constructions is a delicious collection of the finest trumpet, flugle, altor and tenor brass samples available on the market today. Beautifully arranged into construction kits this sample pack truly shows of the exquisite musicianship held within each perfectly crafted loop.
Crafted by the incredible duo that is Simon Beddoe and Rob Mitchell of Submotion Orchestra and The Abstract Orchestra respectively. These two dynamite musicians have left every last drip of soul within these unique recordings, showcasing the finest brass loops we’ve ever come across!
Recorded through a stunning vintage analogue recording chain, gushings of vintage vibe can be felt within this collection bringing home the raw soul of the 70′s classics. Whether you’re looking for stabs, phrases, loops or solo’s, this collection covers all areas and can easily be adapted for all genres ranging from funk to jazz, hip-hop to dub step, DnB and beyond.
The sample library is available for purchase for £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
, instrument plugins
, patches and sound banks
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced an update to its BigKick kick drum instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Plugin Boutique and partner Credland Audio have been hard at work developing a major update to BigKick. The update includes 100 FREE Kicks from Loopmasters in the demo installer (usable even without purchase of the full version).
Until 1st October, the full purchase also includes a free expansion pack from Dodge & Fuski (available at 50% off to existing BigKick owners). View a short video on the expansion pack below.
Changes in BigKick
- New tough mode for harder hyper-clean trance style kick drums.
- Much longer envelopes for those bass booms and 808 style kicks.
- Make your pre-sets sit right in the mix more quickly with the new built in EQ. Or, if you want, leap out and smack you in the face with the punch control.
- Keyboard controlled MIDI pitch.
- New (much warmer) distortion and waveforms for more creative and aggressive sounds.
- New GUI.
- Drag and drop import for attack samples. Drag sounds straight from your track into onto the Load Sample button – it’s very quick and easy!
- Massively improved pre-set handling, including folder creation, renaming, easier pre-set browsing, pre-set-pack creation tools and much more.
- Over 80 changes, fixes and performance improvements over the previous version.
- New envelope shape for the longer kick drums for a more natural decay.
BigKick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 50 EUR. Until October 1st, a purchase includes a free copy of the Dubstep Kicks V1 with Dodge & Fuski expansion pack. This pack is also available for purchase separately.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
J1000 has announced the release of CH4D, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
CH4D is a classic chorus effect with four delay taps. All four taps are controlled with single knob and plugin automatically calculates time and amplitude differences. CH4D lets you narrow spectrum with two resonant cut filters.
You don’t have to worry when working with basses or sounds with ultra-precise highs, because it will leave their critical parts intact and process only the midrange.
- Four delay taps (two per L/R channel).
- Low-cut and high-cut filters with adjustable resonance (12dB/octave slopes).
- Advanced LFO that avoids unnatural repetitive modulation.
- Phase invertion and soloing for wet signal.
- Continuous dry/wet mix control.
- Simple output correlation meter.
- Zero latency and very low CPU consumption.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: J1000
New Sonic Arts has announced Granite XL, a bundle of the Granite granular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac and the Aura sound expansion pack.
Granite is the truly unique sound engine that teleports you deep into new sonic territory. Get ready to enter a world of evolving textures, haunting atmospheres and shifting soundscapes – from warped and twisted textures, to beautiful shimmering pads. As users all over the world will testify, Granite never fails to inspire, and granular synthesis has never been so musical, immediate, nor easy to use.
Granite Aura is the ultimate upgrade for Granite: 150 stunning sounds, including over 120 unique sample recordings, all meticulously prepared and tweaked by sound design experts Ameyah Audio. Boasting a huge variety of patches from sublime pads, through thunderous soundscapes to haunting alien-like voices, Granite Aura is the perfect sonic expansion for film composers, game designers and musicians looking for a creative edge.
The bundle is available for purchase for 89 EUR / $99 USD.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Granite XL
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7.
Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides professional audio quality when finalizing your mix. It can be used for processing audio files and as final sound processor for a mixing console (with external audio interface).
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.7
- Supports 96 kHz / 32-bit audio processing.
- Supports Audiobus 2.x in Input, Effect and Output slots.
- Added Audiobus “State Saving” feature.
- New Stereo Imaging process options.
- New color schemes.
- Built-in description updated.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering