Serato has announce the release of Serato Remote Mini, its first official App for iPhone and iPod touch.
The Serato Remote Mini is a special version of the Serato Remote, designed specifically for use with your iPhone or iPod touch. Designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup, we took the best parts from the Serato Remote and stripped it back for better usability with the smaller screen of the iPhone and iPod touch. Now you can have the Serato Remote with you at all times, ready to whip out for a little extra control at your next party.
Serato Remote Mini will connect seamlessly to your Serato laptop software and work with all supported Scratch Live and Serato DJ hardware. Load tracks, instant double, set and trigger Cue Points, Loops and Samples and manipulate FX. Connect over USB for ultra low latency or wirelessly, freeing you to move around the stage.
We’ve designed the app with real world performance in mind. Similar to the Serato Remote for iPad®, the Serato Remote Mini has library control, plus three performance tabs: PADS, SP6 & FX, all have been meticulously designed for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Serato Remote Mini for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Serato / Serato Remote Mini
Producertech has announced Mastering in the Box with Ableton Live, a video tutorial course from Zeitgeist Mastering.
This course achieves what no one thought was possible, including the person that made it! Producertech tutor Nick D’Ombrain, owner of Zeitgeist Mastering, has surprised himself with the outstanding results that can be achieved by mastering using only the devices that come with Ableton Live 9.
Currently residing in Berlin, Nick has worked with a huge number of impressive names from the music industry – Alex Smoke, Sascha Braemer, Orbital, D- Unity and Eric Volta to name but a few. With his vast array of predominantly high end plug-in mastering tools, limiting himself to Live 9′s devices seemed an impossible task. However, as 8 hours of quality tutorials proves, professional results are entirely possible, and this course shows you how!
Accompanying the tutorials is a Live Template Set, containing a giant Mastering Rack, constructed throughout the course, so students can open up the session and import their own tracks to get going straight away. In addition, there is a written Pro Tips Guide, a Mastering Flow Diagram and 8 Custom Mastering Weapons (Live Racks), which include an Aphex-style Exciter, a Bass Maximiser and various Stereo Enhancement Effects.
The course is now available to purchase at Music-Courses.
More information: Music-Courses / Mastering with Ableton Live
Zenhiser has launched Movie Stabs, the collection of movie stabs sound fx.
It took us months in the studio to create this pack and boy was it worth the wait, 302 perfectly created movie stabs, cinematic brass stab fx, commercial horns, blockbuster impacts, sci fi punch sounds and a whole lot more. We covered a multitude of options, genre styles and anticipation situations to offer an array of movie stab fx sounds never heard before. They cover everything from Sci Fi through to Horror movies and even an eclectic collection that would suit music productions perfectly.
Movie Stabs squeezes in at just over 1.07GB of authentic movie sounds and with a sample pack this dedicated to just movie stabs makes this fx pack an absolute winner for all types of producers, remixers, film score artists, game fx teams and everyone in between. The quality of every fx sound is second to none, we created these sounds using field recordings, hardware and software then manipulated and altered the sounds continually creating an exquisite array of movie stabs in 24 bit 96khz wav file format.
The Movie Stabs pack costs $75 AUD.
More information: Zenhiser / Movie Stabs
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
u-he has announced version 2.7 of Zebra, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the wireless modular synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
u-he Zebra 2.7 – the 10th anniversary edition comes with now less than 100 new presets by Howard Scarr.
It was December 2003 when Zebra 1.0 was released, and we’re celebrating this anniversary with
- a new Distortion module
- Howard’s anniversary soundset
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11
- all packaged nicely in a free upgrade to Version 2.7!
Changes in Zebra v2.7
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11.
- Parameter locking feature, e.g. lock microtuning when browsing presets.
- Improved installers.
- Zebralette no longer displays “enter serial number”.
- … and many more minor bugs and niggles fixed!
Zebra for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $199 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Zebra