db audioware has released version 2.0 of Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate, two effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Sidechain Compressor is a flexible VST/AU compressor plug-in. It can be used as a regular channel strip compressor for clean crisp compression & limiting across a wide range of mixing jobs (e.g. adding punch to drum tracks or presence to vocals). For additional flexibility, the sidechain controls (Lo Cut/Hi Cut/Shape) let you customise the compression response.
Sidechain Gate lets you perform clever mixing techniques, by using a source track to gate a destination track. For example, you can use a complex hi-hat pattern in one track to rhythmically gate a synth pad in another track. Or simplify a busy bass guitar by gating it from a kick drum track (so the bass guitar is only heard when the kick drum sounds).
Changes in Sidechain Compressor & Gate v2.0
- 64-bit VST and Audio Unit plug-in support (for hosts such as Logic Pro X, Cubase, Reaper).
- Easier licensing (challenge/response has been replaced with a simple serial number).
- A new sidechaining mechanism (using 4 inputs) in addition to the existing Universal Sidechain feature (Requires a host which supports multi input plug-ins such as Reaper).
- Support for the latest OS X and Windows operating systems.
Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate are available for purchase for $79 USD and $59 USD respectively. Existing owners of previous versions of these plug-ins can upgrade for $20 USD.
More information: db audioware
Embertone has launched Chang Erhu, a deep sampled erhu instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The erhu is a two-stringed, bowed musical instrument. It may also be called a “southern fiddle”, and sometimes known in the Western world as the “Chinese violin” or a “Chinese two-stringed fiddle”. It is used as a solo instrument as well as in small ensembles and large orchestras. It is the most popular of the huqin family of traditional bowed string instruments used by various ethnic groups of China. A very versatile instrument, the erhu is used in both traditional and contemporary music arrangements, such as in pop, rock, jazz, etc.
Our Erhu can create profoundly expressive and beautiful music, and it’s also sooooo much fun to play. Its flexibility and out-of-the-box sound is undeniable! …and we don’t think there’s a virtual erhu out there to match it!
Chang Erhu features
- True legato programming with 2x true round robin.
- Bow Change, Slurs, Portamentos.
- Custom Kontakt scripting by Andreas Lemke.
- Control over vibrato speed and intensity.
- 3200+ recorded samples.
- 1.6 GB installed.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/16-bit stereo/mono (recorded 96KHz/24-bit).
Chang Erhu is available for purchase for $80 USD (16-bit) / $85 (24-bit & 16-bit). Requires full version of Kontakt 4/5.
More information: Embertone / Chang Erhu
Spunkface Samplers has launched Underground Techno, a 550 MB collection of loops, hits and presets.
Thats 228 loops, 183 hits and 50 sylenth1 presets. So as you can see from the huge arsenal of sounds available, you have everything you need to produce a underground techno classic.
Underground Techno uses a whole host of classic synths and drum machines to help sculpted this techno sample pack. Moog Minitaur, Access Virus, Juno 6, Roland 303, Moog Voyager, Roland Sh101, Moog Slim Phatty, Roland 909, Elektron Machinedrum. And everything has been run through the Neve 8816 giving you a huge amount of warmth and depth.
The pack is available for purchase for £9.90 GBP.
More information: Spunkface Samplers
The Drum Broker has introduced Kingsway Music Library Vol.4, a collection of 15 original samples (master clearance guaranteed) created by multi genre music producer and composer, Frank Dukes.
The Kingsway Music Library was created for the sample based producer, DJ, and beatmaker who wants original music to chop, flip, and arrange into headbanging beats without the hassle of digging through endless stacks of vinyl or worrying about sample clearance issues.
The Kingsway samples were recorded to 1 inch tape at 30 IPS, using an onslaught of rare vintage gear and instruments that the average beatmaker, producer, & DJ don’t have access to.
As a heavy collector of records and former sampling beat maker, Frank has an intimate knowledge of what makes a great sample and what makes a dope beat. These samples were created using extreme attention to detail specifically with the beatmaker and producer in mind.
The pack is available for purchase for $39.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker
, Boz Digital Labs
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 29, 2014 - 0 comments
Boz Digital Labs has released version 1.5.1 of T-Bone, a slant EQ effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
T-Bone uses custom filters that do not have any of the wonky side effects to your high end that most digital filters have. No matter what sample rate you are using, T-Bone will give you a smooth natural curve right up to Nyquist frequency.
Changes in T-Bone v1.5.1
- Separate HPF/LPF engage buttons.
- Adjusting the HPF/LPF with your mouse now automatically enables the HPF/LPF.
- Fixed graphics glitch that was showing up in some DAWs.
T-Bone is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX), priced at $49 USD.
Boz Digital Labs has also launched a Labor Day Sale, offering a 35% discount on all its plug-ins for a limited time.
Starting now we are having a Labor Day Blowout Sale. All Boz Digital Labs plugins are 35% off. Just use the coupon code LABOR when you check out to receive 35% off your order.
The sale ends Monday September 1st, 2014, at midnight PST.
More information: Boz Digital Labs
Loopbased has introduced the Grand Festival Bundle, a sound pack by HighLife Samples featuring patches for the Spire synthesizer from Reveal Sound, MIDI files and stems and loops.
‘Grand Festival Bundle’ brings you five complete products in one, including 30 EDM Construction Kits and a whole host of other features such as MIDI files, Spire presets and a huge number of stems and loops. If you’re looking for the right EDM sounds for your productions, then this bundle pack is for you. Save 35% off the value of all five packs.
In detail you’ll find 30 Construction Kits, 114 MIDI files, 64 Spire presets and 511 WAV stems and loops in total.
The bundle pack is available for purchase for 69.50 EUR.
Loopbased has also launched 8 new packs from its partner, including titles by Speedsound, Pound Audio, Loopoholics, Vanilla Groove Studios, and more.
New packs at Loopbased
- Jukebox Thunder Beats by Speedsound features 18 House construction kits, bass loops and FX taken from Jukebox Thunder Bolts Album including 8 Full Track Arrangements.
- Arabian Hip Hop 4 from Pound Audio is the fourth installment of these Arabian style Construction Kits designed to provide you with all of the Royalty-Free elements you require to create that authentic Ethnic Hip Hop experience.
- Breakdown Vocals by Panet Samples contains five vocal Construction Kit folders with full vocals, verses, choruses (dry and wet), and all the WAV stems of melodic parts and MIDI files that were used to create the demo song.
- Poolside Vol 2: House Construction Kits from Loopoholics strikes back with a second Volume. The whole pack is inspired by tracks from the best Deep House labels and is ideal for DJs and producers who are looking for hi-quality sounds.
- Chilled Guitars Bundle Vols 1-3 by Vanilla Groove Studios contains volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the hugely popular Chilled Guitars series. Featuring 165 nylon string loops arranged in 20 loop packs ranging from 60 to 140 BPM.
- Melbourne Bass Cloud by Nano Musik Loops is a big soundbank inspired by the best Melbourne sounds out there. You’ll find 150 awesome presets in the style of Will Sparks, Deorro, Makj, Uberjak’d, Reece Low and Joel Fletcher.
- Euro Dance Masters Vol. 1 for FM8 from Biome Digital is a soundset for the Native Instruments FM8 synthesizer. All 52 presets were designed for use in modern electronic music.
- Deep Injection Vol 2: Massive Presets from Loopoholics strikes back with a collection of brand new NI Massive presets. This pack features all of the freshest sounds for Deep House, Bassline, House, Garage etc.
More information: Loopbased
Rankin Audio has launched Deep Analogue House, a sample pack featuring loops and samples by Rain City Riot.
It’s time to go deep and Rankin Audio is here to show you the way with an awesome collection of beautiful, crisp analogue loops. Taken from a huge range of hardware and lovingly processed with external effect modules. Hardware ranging from classic old Moogs to Elektron’s mighty Analog Four, a huge Eurorack Modular Synth, an original Roland 909 and far beyond.
Lush, deep music loops put together to slot perfectly against one and other and drop right into the mix, all with that extra analogue grain and warmth that you just can’t get with a VST. Punchy, full basslines that fill the low end of your mix just right and demand all the attention you want. Also included are a range of 50 vocal loops and hooks to give your tracks the final push towards being a huge anthem. Everything from single hits to midi files of riffs for use with your own sounds has been taken care of. It’s a complete package ready to give you just what you need.
The pack is available for purchase for £24.95 GBP. Individual parts are also sold separately starting at £5.95 GBP.
More information: Rankin Audio / Deep Analogue House