, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
u-he has announced version 2.7 of Zebra, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the wireless modular synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
u-he Zebra 2.7 – the 10th anniversary edition comes with now less than 100 new presets by Howard Scarr.
It was December 2003 when Zebra 1.0 was released, and we’re celebrating this anniversary with
- a new Distortion module
- Howard’s anniversary soundset
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11
- all packaged nicely in a free upgrade to Version 2.7!
Changes in Zebra v2.7
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11.
- Parameter locking feature, e.g. lock microtuning when browsing presets.
- Improved installers.
- Zebralette no longer displays “enter serial number”.
- … and many more minor bugs and niggles fixed!
Zebra for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $199 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Zebra
Samplephonics has released Motion FX, a sound fx sample library by Saro Sahihi.
Motion FX is the expert creation of sound designer Saro Sahihi from Soundbits. The sample pack contains an essential collection of whooshes, swishes, impacts, builds and dives, for sound designers, composers and music producers.
There are over 400 24 Bit Wav samples for creating builds, tension, impact and shape. Textures include crisp and crunchy, wide and intense, deep and rumbling and soft and staurated, and have been formed from a combination of foley recordings, granular synthesis and advanced effects processing.
The sample pack is available to purchase for £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Rankin Audio has released Ableton Drum Racks – Dubstep, a collection of 10 Ableton Drum Racks designed to give you everything you need to nail the dubstep drum sound.
Each rack is equipped with a specially selected kit of drum hits, all lovingly processed to give the best sound possible and then set up with a selection of Macros for you to tweak until your heart’s content. We have also added Wav files as loops for anyone needing to just drop in some loops for immediate satisfaction.
Rankin Audio has lead the way with Dubstep sample packs and presets in recent years and this pack is no exception. The racks are ready to drop straight in and give you instant, punchy and crisp drums that will cut through your mix perfectly. Each rack has a midi file already attached to give you further inspiration for loops. The midi files range from skippy steppers to Datsik style stompers and beyond. This will give you even more knowledge on the drum patterns as well as the right hits. The Macros are set up with functions like adding extra punch to your kick, tighten your snare or specifically designed dynamic compression for the whole rack.
Ableton Drum Racks Dubstep features
- 1 Ableton Live8+ Drum Racks Live Set.
- 10 Drum Racks.
- 10 MIDI Files.
- 10 Drum Loops WAV.
- 94 Single Drum Hit samples.
- Macro controls.
- Individual EQ & Compression.
The Live Pack is available to purchase for £9.95 GBP.
More information: Rankin Audio / Ableton Drum Racks – Dubstep
The Drum Broker has announced Kingsway Music Library Vol. 2, a collection of 17 original samples (master clearance guaranteed) created by multi genre music producer and composer, Frank Dukes.
The Kingsway Music Library was created for the sample based producer, DJ, and beatmaker who wants original music to chop, flip, and arrange into headbanging beats without the hassle of digging through endless stacks of vinyl or worrying about sample clearance issues.
The Kingsway samples were recorded to 1 inch tape at 30 IPS, using an onslaught of rare vintage gear and instruments that the average beatmaker, producer, & DJ don’t have access to.
As a heavy collector of records and former sampling beat maker, Frank has an intimate knowledge of what makes a great sample and what makes a dope beat. These samples were created using extreme attention to detail specifically with the beatmaker and producer in mind.
Kingsway Music Library Vol. 2 features
- 17 original samples by Frank Dukes (producer credits include Jake One, Illmind, Cardiak, and more).
- Instruments featured in these samples: Rare Vintage Synths: Yamaha CS80, Memorymoog, Korg Monopoly, Polymoog and more. Vintage Drums, guitar & bass amps, guitars, basses, pianos, brass, strings, etc.
- Samples will be delivered in HQ 16-Bit .WAV files.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $39.99 USD. Individual samples are also available for $5.99 USD each.
More information: Drum Broker / Kingsway Music Library 2