Ableton has released version 9.1.5 of Live 9, its music production software for Windows and Mac.
If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is a familiar working space: time moves from left to right, while tracks are stacked vertically.
But Live also features the revolutionary Session View: a unique sketchpad for improvising, playing and performing with musical ideas, without the constraints of the timeline. Freely and independently start and stop any number of audio or MIDI loops – everything stays in sync. Almost everything in Live works in real-time – add, reorder or remove devices, play with Live’s flexible track routing and more – all without interrupting your creative flow.
Changes in Live v9.1.5
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Minor improvement to ensure compatibility with Mac OS X’ Gatekeeper for the forthcoming OS X updates 10.9.5 and 10.10.
- Improved the threshold for inverting text colour of clip names, chains, macros, etc., depending on the background color, for better readability.
- Bug fixes:
- The [live.thisdevice] Max for Live object would no longer send a bang message out its first outlet when adding/removing control surface scripts in the Live preferences.
- Under certain conditions, the MIDI level indicator would not show any activity inside the routing chooser of a MIDI track.
- The Send button on the APC40 MKII would not work when pressed for the first time.
- The Launchpad’s Mixer mode would stop working after using the Launchpad’s Session Zoom feature in Live sets containing more that 8 tracks.
- Changes for Push:
- When using a low audio buffer size or high sample rate, Push’s buttons would not be backlit after launching Live (Windows only).
- When entering Scales mode on Push, the Selection and State Control buttons would not light up until one of them is pressed once.
- Push’s Duplicate button would not work any more for clips, tracks and scenes if Clip workflow is selected.
Live 9 is available for purchase for 349 EUR (Standard) / 79 EUR (Intro) / 599 EUR (Suite). The version 9.1.5 update is available to download from Ableton.
More information: Ableton