Audacity updated to v1.3.8 Beta
Audacity, the free, open source software for recording and editing sounds, has been updated to version 1.3.8 Beta.
Changes in Audacity v1.3.8 Beta
- Effects and Analysis
- VST Effects now display GUI by default.
- Faster Equalization and Noise Removal; improved Truncate Silence and Click Track.
- Chains applied to files now clear temporary data after processing each file.
- Updated Nyquist implementation with support for SAL syntax and improved memory management.
- Plot Spectrum now analyzes up to 237.8 seconds of audio, with separate windows for each project and improved display; new preferences for Spectrograms.
- Contrast Analysis tool now modeless for easier use.
- Draft Manual/Quick Help included in Windows and Mac installers.
- New “Mixer Board” view with per-track VU meters.
- Mute, solo, gain, pan and track height saved in projects.
- More compact Preferences window with easier-to-use Keyboard tab and new toolbars shortcuts.
- New Screenshot Tools and improved screen reader support.
- Record more than 16 channels (hardware/drivers permitting).
- Improved support for non-mmap ALSA devices such as PulseAudio.
- 32-bit float data over 0 dB now handled without clipping.
- “Stop” option when importing preserves already imported data.
- AMR NB export now supported if the optional FFmpeg library is installed.
- Faster waveform drawing and better response in multi-track projects.
- Bug fixes
- Export Multiple: failed if empty label encountered; files silenced if overwriting imported WAV files without copying them in.
- Metadata Editor hidden if it was on a now unavailable second monitor.
- Misaligned audio after “Split New” or Noise Removal effect.
- Incorrect label movement and paste with linked audio and label tracks.
- Equalization, Cut Preview and Advanced Mixing Options dialogue.
- (Linux) Mixer Toolbar should now adjust levels and select input sources properly.
- “Audio cache” preference caused crashes – data is now only cached in memory if available RAM is above a level defined in preferences.
- Various other crashes.
Audacity is available for download for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix (source code).
Please be aware of Known Issues at Release (also viewable in the included README.txt).
More information: Audacity