beyerdynamic has introduced the RM 510, the world’s first wireless ribbon microphone for live vocals.
The RM 510 interchangeable ribbon capsule for beyerdynamic’s OPUS 900 and OPUS 600 wireless systems is a giant leap forward in ribbon technology and brings a new dimension to live vocal performances.
The RM 510’s sophisticated capsule design features an ultra-light, barely 3 micrometre thick aluminium ribbon that delivers spectacular frequency response and exceptional transient behavior. A unique sound channelling technology provides the capsule with its cardioid polar pattern making the RM 510 the very first ribbon capsule perfect for use on stage with wireless microphone systems. The capsule’s treble resonator delivers rich high-frequency reproduction and also serves to protect against “plosives.” In keeping with beyerdynamic’s manufacturing philosophy, every RM 510 wireless microphone capsule is handmade in Germany.
By employing a sound labyrinth on the rear of the diaphragm and using an advanced acoustic fabric, beyerdynamic has succeeded in improving not only the sound characteristics but also the technical specifications of the RM 510. A subtle attenuation in the 6.5 kHz range effectively suppresses sibilant sounds and supports the balanced and unobtrusive sound of the RM 510.
The RM 510’s forerunner is the legendary M 500 ribbon microphone, famous during the 70s and 80s. The lineage is especially noticeable in the RM 510’s elegant housing design, stainless steel mesh basket with multilayer metal gauze, and the use of robust, high quality materials throughout. This combination of delicate engineering and precision build quality provides a new standard for ruggedness and reliability for the stage.
RM 510 offers a detailed, colouration-free sound with the same exceptional treble reproduction that characterizes all beyerdynamic ribbon microphones, and the capsule’s design delivers significant rear attenuation resulting in feedback suppression ideal for live vocals on even “loud” stages.
RM 510 features
- World’s first wireless ribbon capsule perfect for live vocals.
- World’s only ribbon element with cardioid polar pattern for best feedback suppression; even on “loud” stages.
- Ultra-light, barely 3 micrometre thick pure aluminium ribbon for exceptional transient behaviour.
- Perfectly balanced and unobtrusive sound.
- Newly developed treble resonator for rich high-frequency reproduction.
- Stainless steel mesh basket with multilayer metal gauze for highest protection against “plosives”.
- Elegant design; Use of robust, high-quality materials throughout.
- Provides a new standard to ribbon microphones for ruggedness and reliability on stage.
- Handcrafted in Heilbronn, Germany.
The RM 510 interchangeable ribbon microphone capsule will be available for beyerdynamic’s Opus 600 and Opus 900 wireless systems from the first quarter of 2011.
More information: beyerdynamic