Tone2 Audiosoftware has released version 2.1 of FireBird, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Since there was a lot of positive feedback on the freeware release of FireBird (previously $79) we decided to release a final update for it.
Firebird itself is already vintage and even though it’s no longer profitable to remain a commercial product, we feel that anyone should get the opportunity to enjoy this sometimes heavily underestimated synthesizer.
Please feel free to download, share and enjoy this freebie, which should provide you with a nice introduction to our products, as well as many more years of musical inspiration.
Changes in FireBird v2.1
- Contains 70 additional sounds by Xenos. To load them click on ‘setup’ and load the factory bank ‘condemned’.
- Contains a fix for a rarely appearing crash.
- Updated installer.
- Slightly enhanced performance.
- More responsive GUI.
- Fixed a rarely appearing glitch.
- Several other minor enhancements.
FireBird is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Tone2 / FireBird
Feelyoursound has released version 1.2.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, which features better chord progression support for the MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac.
Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily.
Use Sundog to play around with chords and basenotes like a breeze. Go from calm, smooth, chill out styles to energetic upbeat tunes in a matter of seconds. Promised.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.2.0
- Completely new Chords View.
- Create chord progressions with triads, four note chords, and powerchords.
- Better detection of roman numerals.
- Chord progression export as MIDI file – also via drag and drop.
- Trigger triads and four note chords with a MIDI keyboard or computer keyboard.
- New shortcuts for common tasks in the “Tools” menu:
- “Follow the chords on this channel”: The current instrument will play back the new chord instantly as soon as a chord change happens.
- “Follow the chord notes on this channel”: The current instrument will follow the chord progression by applying the current step sequencer pattern to the active chord notes (this is the same as setting the mode to “Chord Notes”, setting the pattern to “Off”, and recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take).
- “Fill channel with basic sequence”: This is the same as recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take. The current mode will be used.
- New instrument mode “Full Chords+”: The same as “Full Chords”, but with an additional note one octave below the chord root note.
- Working update checker.
Sundog Scale Studio for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Freaky Loops has launched Ultimate Drum Fills 2, combining groovy electronic fills, stunning live drums, complex drum fills and glitched electronics for use across the electronic spectrum.
All the fills are in 128 BPM and worked out to the smallest details to allow you the ability to directly insert them into your tracks. Every sound has been sculpted with a combination of high-end outboard pre-amps, EQ, compression and a selection of top rated plug-ins to create the most usable results. Perfect for an epic breakdown, to fill empty space, to get experimental or just to add the last missing ingredient to the mix.
In detail “Ultimate Drum Fills Vol 2” includes 115 Drum Fills are foldered as 57 Electronic Fills, 41 Acoustic Fills and 17 Fx Processed Fills. Each and every fill has been mixed and processed with maximum power and depth.
The pack is available from Loopmasters for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Freaky Loops / Ultimate Drum Fills 2
Prime Loops has announced Zombiestep, a new sample pack featuring over 200 dubstep samples.
Dubstep’s back from the Dead! This demented, ever mutating genre has infected dance floors across the globe for a fair few years now, leaving a true trail of destruction and devastation in its path..
But now it’s time for something completely new! Welcome to the afterlife – with Prime Loops’ very latest OTT sample pack creation: Zombiestep!
Invading at over 375MB, there’s a monstrous amount of content for you to wrap your teeth around: Invade your mix with this tormented collection of bone-crunching dubstep samples, featuring brutal bass loops, freaky synth hooks, pounding drums, scary SFX, quirky guitar licks and zombie-style vocals!
This extroverted producer tool kit is the ideal side-kick for any bass producer looking to cause chaos on the scene: get this very latest strain of the deadly dubstep virus today and prepare to cause a world-wide pandemic!
The sample pack is available for purchase for £16.95 GBP.
More information: Prime Loops / Zombiestep
Sonic Cat has announced Calliope, a Universal Sound Module instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt & Kontakt Player.
Calliope is Universal Sound Module virtual instrument. It contains many instruments for all musical genre like as H/W sound module, rompler or music workstation.
There are over 1,000 preset sounds on these categories. Keyboard, Bass, Guitar, Lead, Brass, Wind, String, Pad, Synth, Percussion, Drum.
- Universal Sound Module.
- All genres; all round player.
- Powered by the Kontakt Engine – Free Kontakt Player available.
- Low sample size / High quality sounds by Natural Harmonic Crossfade Loop (NHCL) technology.
- Hybrid Natural Sounds for mixing.
- Over 1,000 preset sounds.
- Two separate modules.
- Synth module by Independent Quad Engine / Mixing system.
- Drum module by 18 Pads / Instruments system.
- Double combine main Kicks & Snares.
- Can easily make unique user sounds.
- Easy to use GUI.
The instrument library is available to pre-order for $64 USD until 31st August, 2014, after which it will be available for the introductory price of $79 USD for a limited time (regular $99 USD). Existing Sonic Cat customers can order Calliope for $49 USD until the introductory period ends.
More information: Sonic Cat / Calliope
Cakewalk has released version 1.3 of Z3TA+ iOS, a synthesizer app for iPad.
The legendary Z3TA+ synthesizer has been used on countless records, and it’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over. And now Z3TA+ iOS puts the full power of Z3TA+2 on your iPad. Packed with hundreds of presets, modulatable waveshaping, dual mode filters, and flexible effects, Z3TA+ iOS is the perfect creative synth for making music anywhere, anytime.
Changes in Z3TA+ iOS v1.3
- Import Z3TA+ presets from iOS, or Z3TA+ 2 Plug-in, available on Windows & OS X.
- Import User Waves, MIDI Arps, Scala Tuning files, and presets via iTunes Sharing.
- Export Z3TA+ iOS presets via AirDrop, or email.
- Capability to search presets.
- Capability to create preset “favorites”.
- Scala tuning support.
- Copy / Paste Functionality for individual Oscillators, Envelope Generators, Low Frequency Oscillators, and Delay Effects.
- “Please Rate This App” Button in Options Menu.
Z3TA+ iOS is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The update is free for current Z3TA+ iOS owners.
More information: Cakewalk / Z3TA+ iOS
123Creative has announced the release of Pentode audio VBE-1, a vacuum tube analog bass enhancer effect plug-in for Windows.
If basic equalization does not bring enough of low end massive fatness and warmth to your mix, it is time to test new Pentode VBE-1 that will add real vacuum tube warmth, saturation and drive to your baselines and kick drums.
Pentode audio VBE-1 features
- Analog modeled bass filter (frequency and bandwidth Q knob).
- Vacuum tube bass enhance circuit with „saturation circuit gain knob“ to set amount of analog bass warmth/saturation and „saturation circuit output“ to set amount of level of saturated signal.
- Enhance knob to set amount of „colorless“ bass enhance.
- Input and Output volume knobs to set amount of input saturation and overall output volume.
The plug-in is available for the introductory price of 9.90 EUR (regular 16.90 EUR).
More information: 123Creative / Pentode audio VBE-1