Cockos updates REAPER to v2.56
Cockos has released version 2.56 of REAPER, the fully featured multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
REAPER v2.56 (aka 0×1.00)! OS X installation system updated, lots of fixes and refinements.
Changes in REAPER v2.56
- Fixed drag and drop of sends/hardware outputs in mixer view when using hardware outputs
- Old recording item selection behavior now only affects item-autopunch mode
- CC parameter meta-actions now also work on midpoints for absolute CCs/etc
- Select all items in track (doubleclick TCP) now sets context to items
- Fixed MIDI timing in ReWire slave mode, support for running in FL Studio
- ReWire slave mode forces playrate to 1.0
- Fixed MIDI item trim bugs with selected notes
- Fixed some PCM source seek rounding errors
- Fixed a bug in vertical GR metering (ReaComp etc)
- Hiding dock windows now removes focus from them
- MP3 decoder seek improvements
- 29.97DF ruler corrected
- ReaSamplomatic: better note name reporting (removes extensions, doesnt report if supporting the entire range)
- Fixed auto-add of plugin envelopes for correct values
- installer: Fixed Vista/Windows 7 compatibility warnings
- OS X: new directory structure and simplified install process
- Updated registration to store in install path as well (for multiuser systems)
- Fix for trimming MIDI items on split in certain looped instances
- Much faster redraws for some VSTs
- Fixed mute master/slave grouped automation recording
REAPER is available for download, without technological limitations for evaluation purposes (Windows and Mac). A license is available for $225 USD ($50 USD for non-commercial use).
Visit the REAPER website for more information.