Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Cockos updates REAPER to v2.56
Cockos has released version 2.56 of REAPER, the fully featured multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
REAPER v2.56 (aka 0x1.00)! OS X installation system updated, lots of fixes and refinements.
Changes in REAPER v2.56
- Fixed drag and drop of sends/hardware outputs in mixer view when using hardware outputs
- Old recording item selection behavior now only affects item-autopunch mode
- CC parameter meta-actions now also work on midpoints for absolute CCs/etc
- Select all items in track (doubleclick TCP) now sets context to items
- Fixed MIDI timing in ReWire slave mode, support for running in FL Studio
- ReWire slave mode forces playrate to 1.0
- Fixed MIDI item trim bugs with selected notes
- Fixed some PCM source seek rounding errors
- Fixed a bug in vertical GR metering (ReaComp etc)
- Hiding dock windows now removes focus from them
- MP3 decoder seek improvements
- 29.97DF ruler corrected
- ReaSamplomatic: better note name reporting (removes extensions, doesnt report if supporting the entire range)
- Fixed auto-add of plugin envelopes for correct values
- installer: Fixed Vista/Windows 7 compatibility warnings
- OS X: new directory structure and simplified install process
- Updated registration to store in install path as well (for multiuser systems)
- Fix for trimming MIDI items on split in certain looped instances
- Much faster redraws for some VSTs
- Fixed mute master/slave grouped automation recording
REAPER is available for download, without technological limitations for evaluation purposes (Windows and Mac). A license is available for $225 USD ($50 USD for non-commercial use).
Visit the REAPER website for more information.