D16 Group has announced Shioitor, a powerful virtual analogue synthesiser plug-in for PC and Mac.
Shioitor is a revolution in sound within the plugin market. Its authentic analogue character and extensive software features will fulfil the needs of the most demanding musicians and sound designers who use synthesisers in their work.
Since it uses a layered architecture, Shioitor has endless sound shaping possibilities. Each layer can be freely assigned to any midi channel or keyboard zone. Its audio output can be routed to any of the available audio outputs. Layers can either be used to create a single massive sound (where all layers respond to a single midi channel and a single keyboard zone) or to create many different timbres (where each layer plays a sound on a different midi channel). Using Shioitor to play a different sound on each midi channel allows Shioitor to work very efficiently as it saves memory and CPU compared to loading in multiple instances of the plugin for each sound.
- 8 independent sound layers
- each layer can be assigned to different key zone, midi channel
- each layer has its own settings and parameters: polyphony, arpeggiator, chorus and sound -parameters
- dynamic signal routing from layers to outputs
- mute for each layer
- ultra high quality band limited oscillators (non-audible aliasing output up to 22khz for base frequency of the note)
- two base oscillators: square with PWM and sawtooth
- suboscillator with 5 different waveforms to choose
- noise oscillator with 3 different colours to choose
- no aliasing at high resonances and high frequencies
- constant-Q and very warm filters
- three filter modes: LP, HP and BP
- Sound control
- two multipurpose synchronizable LFOs with 6 different waveshapes
- two multipurpose envelopes with 4 different trigger modes
- Sound effects
- built-in chorus effect
- flexible unisono with tune, panorama and filter spread
- Preset management
- two kinds of presets: per layer and full set of layers
- presets organised into groups
- Midi management
- advanced midi event assignement system
- midi learn function
- ready at hand simple modulation matrix for modulation and pitch bend wheels
- 6 work modes
- full synchronisation
- 21 different time bases
- built-in gater/chorder
- tunable step length
- tunable shuffle
Shioitor will be available as an instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU).
Pricing and release date are to be announced.
More information: D16 Group