D16 Group has announced the release of Decimort 2, a high quality bit crusher effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Decimort (available as part of the SilverLine collection of plugins from D16 Group) is a premium grade bit crusher and sample rate reducer with some additional, unconventional features.
The advanced signal processing algorithms within Decimort simulate the complex behavior of the entire sampling path that exists in every AD/DA converter. Decimort has zero internal aliasing—in fact, the only aliasing present is the emulated aliasing is a result of internal resampling. Unwelcome artifacts are completely absent in the processed signal.
In addition, Decimort is equipped with analog-like filters with adjustable resonance, working in pre-resampling or post- resampling mode that allow further sculpting of the signal.
Changes in Decimort 2
- Two optional anti-alias filters – A very steep low-pass pre filter (Approximative Filter) coupled with the resampling frequency that removes all harmonic content above it, ensuring no aliasing will appear below this frequency in the spectrum. A further post filter (Image filter), also synchronized with the resampler, gives control over amount of aliasing images appearing above resampling frequency when enabled.
- Adjustable Jitter – Feature which introduces short-period, random fluctuations to the resampling frequency, producing different then downsampling type of harmonic distortion.
- Two quantization methods – Two available quantization methods; the mid-raiser and mid- treat decimation algorithms, each of them characterized by a drastically different dynamics response.
- Controllable dithering – Dithering was conceptually developed as means for reducing the audible quantization errors by masking the harmonic distortions they cause. Controllable dithering allows to increase number of ways in which sound can be (mal)treated.
- Tag-based preset browser.
- Two alternative GUI sizes.
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout.
Decimort 2 (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 39 EUR/$49 USD/£32 GBP inc. VAT where applicable. Previous customers of D16 Group products are eligible for a discount on Decimort 2. Version 1 of Decimort is now discontinued (support will remain available until June 30th, 2016).